Auto 5R55s Linkage Adjustment Please Help

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
Having an issue adjusting the shifter linkage after new 5r55s install. I'm running the stock auto shifter, the gears are slightly off when manually shifting. Any advise on adjusting this? I started at the only place I see to adjust on the bottom of the shifter where the linkage connects? Any advise from someone that has had this issue would be helpful. Thanks

stv_huff

Stock
Reaction score
Just curious but what do you use the manual shifting for?

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Im not familiar with the 5r like I am with the 4r but have you looked at the other end where the linkage attaches to the side of the trans?

07 Boss

Reaction score
It is adjusted from the shifter end. There should be like a little locking tab or something like that on that thing. When you pull it out it will let you move the cable back and forth. Just move it a couple of teeth in the direction you need it moved and then lock it back down. I have a cable sitting in my garage. I'll try and remember to put a pick of it up so you can see it before you get under there. It will make it easier than trying to figure it out while your under there.

manually shifting with the stock shifter sucks. Why don't you get a TCI shifter? I'm not real fond of the company but they are the only ones who make a ratchet type shifter for our cars.

stv_huff

Stock
Reaction score
It is adjusted from the shifter end. There should be like a little locking tab or something like that on that thing. When you pull it out it will let you move the cable back and forth. Just move it a couple of teeth in the direction you need it moved and then lock it back down. I have a cable sitting in my garage. I'll try and remember to put a pick of it up so you can see it before you get under there. It will make it easier than trying to figure it out while your under there.

manually shifting with the stock shifter sucks. Why don't you get a TCI shifter? I'm not real fond of the company but they are the only ones who make a ratchet type shifter for our cars.

Do those work well? My shifter is all busted up so I might grab one whenever my transmission goes out.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Do those work well? My shifter is all busted up so I might grab one whenever my transmission goes out.

I haven't had much issue with mine. The indicator lights for the gear indicator are kinda fubar. They just look funny; they still light up but it looks like the colors are weird, inconsistent.

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
I got it, the range sensor was slightly out of alignment, thanks for the reply's!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back