Auto to Manual Swap Neutral Safety Switch

Justin Bradford

Reaction score
Hello so I am just finishing up my auto to manual swap and the last issue I am having is the auto PCM and the manual transmission. I have already received the tune to fix the issue but I need to rewire my neutral safety switch.

Right now I have the neutral safety switch from the auto plugged into the harness underneath the car but am looking to actually wire it in correctly.
How do I go about that?
Where do I connect the wires and is the safety switch for the manual attached to the clutch pedal?
Completely lost on where to start and figured asking here would be a good start.

Dillon Miller

Reaction score
Hello so I am just finishing up my auto to manual swap and the last issue I am having is the auto PCM and the manual transmission. I have already received the tune to fix the issue but I need to rewire my neutral safety switch.

Right now I have the neutral safety switch from the auto plugged into the harness underneath the car but am looking to actually wire it in correctly.
How do I go about that?
Where do I connect the wires and is the safety switch for the manual attached to the clutch pedal?
Completely lost on where to start and figured asking here would be a good start.

Hey, I am currently doing the same job actually. I had a question regarding the neutral safety switch. Is there already wiring that I can connect to the manual pedals or do I need to buy a kit? What did you do ?

Joe combs

Reaction score
There is a short harness that you will need to complete the clutch interlock circuit. It takes the place of the neutral safety switch from the automatic by allowing the car to start only when the clutch is in. This picture is the harness needed, I found it on a post in the Parts Wanted section from another member that did the swap.

eGJhPu9l.jpg

Last edited:

Justin Bradford

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the picture(I didn’t take one) I found mine off a car at a junkyard. Not sure what the name of it would be for online but if you’re not in a rush I would scour around some junkyards to find one.

Justin Bradford

Reaction score
And if you have any more questions about the swap I probably won’t be the most helpful but could try and guide you. To contact me better message me on Instagram @winkowski_6980, I’ll respond faster on there.

Dillon Miller

Reaction score
You guys are awesome I have been thinking about how I was going to do a bypass for it for sometime hopefully I can find something local

Dillon Miller

Reaction score
There is a short harness that you will need to complete the clutch interlock circuit. It takes the place of the neutral safety switch from the automatic by allowing the car to start only when the clutch is in. This picture is the harness needed, I found it on a post in the Parts Wanted section from another member that did the swap.

View attachment 83601

Do you think you could link me that original thread? I am going to try and hunt down exactly what this is called slash if I can buy it online.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back