Auto to Manual Swap - Swapping Wiring Harnesses 2006 to 2007

DD117

forum member
Reaction score
So long story short... manual swapped my 2006 GT. Automatic to a TR6060. Turned into a bit of a ongoing nightmare.

First off... I lost cruise control. So that sucks. But the main issue and the reason why I haven't even bothered trying to see if there's a way to get CC back is the engine wiring harness...

I went from a 06 Automatic harness to a 06 manual. It was beat up so I kept getting codes... going to limp mode etc...

I just found and bought a 07 manual harness in good shape ($500) praying it was the same. Turns out at least the A/C clutch connector is missing from the 07. Can't live in California without A/C.

I guess the reason why I'm posting is to ask for help getting the 07 harness I got working with the A/C working as well. Not sure if I'm gonna have to repin the fuse block thing and add a couple wires or what. Any help is >>>>greatly<<<< appreciated.

Sidenote.
I'm just getting tired of this whole thing. The car was my first car... Ive fought so hard to keep it going... but this whole wiring thing is just getting too frustrating. And that stemmed from the auto trans being a POS. I can't believe no Ford dealership or warehouse in the country has a 2006 GT manual harness.. but I've called 50 places and gotten nowhere... So here I am. Owning this car in comparison to my friends experiences with their cars has completely turned me off to ever owning another Ford.

DD117

forum member
Reaction score
Little bit of a follow up... emailed Manuel from Tu Dyno. He suggested some things were different.

Ended up finding a random post from from him (I think) from 11 years ago saying 05 and 06 harnesses / ecms are the same but 07+ are different. Of course im struggling to find any sort of info on what exactly is different... or how to

Well F**k... ‍♂️

Does anyone have the pin layouts for a 2006 GT manual engine harness AND a 2007 GT manual engine harness?? Any ideas about doing a repin? Tools?

I'd probably run a second little harness for the A/C clutch.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Cant offer much on the harness issue. I swapped from 07 manual to 13 manual, using the 13 battery harness. I will check my 07 battery harness and see what all it connects to.

Now for the cruise control, this needs to be fixed in the tune. The manual trans you put in has different individual gear ratios, and they must be entered into the tune or cruise will not work.
There are trans options that also need to be set for a manual trans.

DD117

forum member
Reaction score
Manuel from TuDyno seemed to think retaining Cruise Control was not possible. Now maybe you're right and he can change some settings and get it working for me. But for now... The priority is getting this thing moving again.

I found this thread on another forum...

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/07-mustang-gt-engine-wiring-harness.914332/

Sounds like I may have made a mistake buying that 07 harness. I guess not only is the A/C connector on the body harness or other engine bay harness... But one of the main plugs into the BEC/Fuse Box might actually be different as well. Connector C110.

I wish I could find a good diagram for the pins on these two harnesses... I'd probably just modify the 07 to work.

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
You should go to the vendor section of this forum and contact Steve (iirc) at Tasca Ford. He is your best bet to dig up or locate the harness you need

DD117

forum member
Reaction score
You should go to the vendor section of this forum and contact Steve (iirc) at Tasca Ford. He is your best bet to dig up or locate the harness you need

So I actually ordered a harness from Tasca last month and was told it's on backorder and my order would be canceled. I'm on my own out here... No help from Ford's part division.

DD117

forum member
Reaction score
So final update for the day before I go to work. Pretty set on repinning the 07 harness. I'm planning on using my 06 one as a template and also adding whatever I need to add to the 07 harness to control the A/C clutch.

Very unfortunate I can't find a 05-06 harness or some other option. Will update as I go along... I purchased this electrical pin tool kit. Hope I don't need much else besides that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GTQJB3H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Again... Any advice moving forward is appreciated. I've never done this to a wiring harness so we'll see how it goes.

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
So I actually ordered a harness from Tasca last month and was told it's on backorder and my order would be canceled. I'm on my own out here... No help from Ford's part division.
Contact Steve, he can shake down a whole list of dealers to see if they have “new old stock “ laying around

stanghank

Reaction score
I did the same change on my 06. The mechanical exchange only took 8 hours. The electrical was a 3 month nightmare. I took it to Ford to have the ECM reprogrammed. No such luck after 2 dealerships. I contacted the Ford help line and they told me I had to replace the harness for the Engine and Trans.
The harness needs to be an 06. You'll need to give them your production date and it's for a manual shift Trans. I found it in Georgia. Then I had to replace the ECM for an 06 and have it programed with my VIN number and Millage. At that point everything in my car started working. I did the change in 2017 and haven't had a problem with it since. I live in California and it passes smog every other year. The parts I purchased were used. The Mustang is a 50 state car starting in 05. My ECM is from Nevada. I went through LKQ to locate the parts.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
I auto swapped to manual an 89 LX Fox, easy peasy. I built an auto coyote from two written off donors (2011a/2014a) and would just sell the auto car and buy a manual car altogether if that's what I wanted with an s197. Wouldn't bother with a trans swap this complicated for no good reason.

Fwiw.

DD117

forum member
Reaction score
Contact Steve, he can shake down a whole list of dealers to see if they have “new old stock “ laying around

So I messaged him on Facebook. No reply yet

I did the same change on my 06. The mechanical exchange only took 8 hours. The electrical was a 3 month nightmare. I took it to Ford to have the ECM reprogrammed. No such luck after 2 dealerships. I contacted the Ford help line and they told me I had to replace the harness for the Engine and Trans.
The harness needs to be an 06. You'll need to give them your production date and it's for a manual shift Trans. I found it in Georgia. Then I had to replace the ECM for an 06 and have it programed with my VIN number and Millage. At that point everything in my car started working. I did the change in 2017 and haven't had a problem with it since. I live in California and it passes smog every other year. The parts I purchased were used. The Mustang is a 50 state car starting in 05. My ECM is from Nevada. I went through LKQ to locate the parts.

So I'm very interested in talking to you further... I live in California as well and I'm concerned about passing smog. Any chance you would talk on the phone for a few minutes?

I've never heard of LKQ. I'll be checking them out. Thanks.

I auto swapped to manual an 89 LX Fox, easy peasy. I built an auto coyote from two written off donors (2011a/2014a) and would just sell the auto car and buy a manual car altogether if that's what I wanted with an s197. Wouldn't bother with a trans swap this complicated for no good reason.

Fwiw.

It's my first car so I'm a bit attached to it. Plus I have lots of plans for it.

Thanks for the replies all.

Reaction score
I have the factory electrical book for a 2006. If you need anything from it, LMK. BTW, you can get a harness from a 2006 auto as well. It's very easy to convert the auto to a manual harness. I have the instructions for doing that if you need them.

Last edited:

DD117

forum member
Reaction score
I have the factory electrical book for a 2006. If you need anything from it, LMK. BTW, you can get a harness from a 2006 auto as well. It's very easy to convert the auto to a manual harness. I have the instructions for doing that if you need them.

YES PLEASE. I'll be DMing you!

DD117

forum member
Reaction score

So you did an automatic to a 6-speed out of a GT500 swap and still have cruise control?

Ian Rothery

Reaction score

i cant figure out how to dm you, could you send me this information as well?

Isaac Currah

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but is there anyway I could get these instructions and/or get this book somewhere?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back