back from the dyno?

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
Last time I went to the dyno i had 343 rwhp, dropped to 342.2 (only changes were I swapped a Bassani Catted X for an O/R Prochamber and I added an eH20) now It went down, but look at that torque "curve" is that normal? I mean, I have two peaks! (323) Mods are in the sig..Can I lose THAT much by losing cats and adding an eH20? I do have an exhaust leak past the mid pipe but nothing major...
IMG_1293.jpg

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
yeah that power curve kind of sucks. It should be a lot smoother than that. More like the TQ. Something is up...not necessarily because of the HP drop (that can change from dyno to dyno or day to day) but more because of the curve.

What is the AFR at those times that it drops? Also, have you data logged this at all to see what is going on>?

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
yeah that power curve kind of sucks. It should be a lot smoother than that. More like the TQ. Something is up...not necessarily because of the HP drop (that can change from dyno to dyno or day to day) but more because of the curve.

What is the AFR at those times that it drops? Also, have you data logged this at all to see what is going on>?

actually the smooth one is the horsepower, the one on top and all crazy is the torque curve! the torque graph scale is on the right and the horsepower is on the left... A/F seems constant at around 13

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
taking the cats out usually nets you a couple hp and a electric water pump is pretty much useless for power. i would just say different days, differnt temp, different air. nothing you did should have really done anything noticeable for power.

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
taking the cats out usually nets you a couple hp and a electric water pump is pretty much useless for power. i would just say different days, differnt temp, different air. nothing you did should have really done anything noticeable for power.

i wouldnt think so i would just expect it to be somewhat higher or equal to what it was before! ha.

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say get an updated tune. That torque line is crazy.

my tuner is the one who actually dynod it, i told them if i needed a tune to go ahead and do it.. so i guess that tq curve isnt too abnormal?? just seems a bid crazy

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
Did you get a retune when you ditched the cats? I think you need one, I might be wrong though :)

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
Did you get a retune when you ditched the cats? I think you need one, I might be wrong though :)

thats whys it was dynod, the tuner was just checking the a/f and if it needed one. didn't need a full tune since i already had them off

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back