Back in a 5.0 again

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Congrads on the new mustang! Hope you enjoy it more then your old one! The new deep impact blue is much nicer then the older kona blue IMO.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Not at all, I'm 58 and will never buy a auto. What's the point in owning a GT if you can't shift it like you stole it!!!!:thumb:

+1 I'm only 43 now (hey, gott a say it that way when I can...) , but I'll still be happily rowing it myself when I get there. I can't stand autos--I want to be in control of what gear I am in.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride, OP. But I need a history lesson...did you sell your 2011 to get a Camaro, then sold the Camaro for the 2013? If so, I'd be interested in your thoughts comparing the three cars. After making the jump to tha Camaro, what made you decide to go back to the 'Stang?

And as far as transmissions goes, I swore that I would never buy an auto, but I got my '07 GT/CS used in '08, and it was everything I wanted in a car, EXCEPT that it was an automatic. I liked the car so much though, and I got such a good deal on it, I went ahead and got it regardless of the tranny. Now, after driving it for four years, I can honestly say that I have warmed up to the automatic a lot. However, I do agree that it takes way too long to downshift when you hit the go pedal. Maybe I need a tune after all...

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride, OP. But I need a history lesson...did you sell your 2011 to get a Camaro, then sold the Camaro for the 2013? If so, I'd be interested in your thoughts comparing the three cars. After making the jump to tha Camaro, what made you decide to go back to the 'Stang?

And as far as transmissions goes, I swore that I would never buy an auto, but I got my '07 GT/CS used in '08, and it was everything I wanted in a car, EXCEPT that it was an automatic. I liked the car so much though, and I got such a good deal on it, I went ahead and got it regardless of the tranny. Now, after driving it for four years, I can honestly say that I have warmed up to the automatic a lot. However, I do agree that it takes way too long to downshift when you hit the go pedal. Maybe I need a tune after all...
I bought a 2010 Camaro SS in 2010, then i read about the all new 2011 5.0 mustangs that were coming out. traded the camaro in on a 2011 mustang 5.0 A6, drove it for a little over a year and got bored with it so i sold it. recently bought the 2013 M6 5.0... does that clear it up a bit?

HankyGT

Make it three yards mf'r
Reaction score
Congrads on the new mustang! Hope you enjoy it more then your old one! The new deep impact blue is much nicer then the older kona blue IMO.

It really is. Kona is such a nice color in the sun too. I'd like to see an impact car in the sunshine; there's none around where I live plus its about to be 4x4 season :rant:

Big Stig

forum member
Reaction score
I had a 2011 Kona blue premium auto equipped car and got bored with it and sold it. welp today i Bought a 2013 base model GT with the track pack and it's like a totally different car. once i get comfortable with the shifter i think i'm really gonna enjoy this thing. i don't think i'll ever buy another camaro.

newcar_zps9f02132e.jpg

Congrats and enjoy. I almost wish I waited for the '13, but I can add the things to my Brembo package that come with the track pack so it isn't worth trading. I have done enough mods now that I'm happy with it. I like the '12 gauges better too. The only thing I still really wish I had from the '13 is the hood vents.

Big Stig

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not so fond of the brembo wheels, thinking of seeing if a 19" set of Premium GT wheels will fit

They won't. The selection of wheels that fit over the Brembos is limited. The Boss LS wheels from Ford Racing would look good. If don't want to do a staggered setup just buy 4 of the front wheels.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back