Back in Black *PIC heavy

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Beautiful.

Makes me realize I need to put in some more work this spring (black car here too).

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
world of a difference! Can't wait til I finally try my hand at detailing my car like this. I'll probably need about 3 days of work on mine to make it look like yours.

rambln3v

Reaction score
OK Im real close in Illinois
When should, I bring my car over

I actually have a mustang detail scheduled in Naperville on the 12th :thumb:

What pad did you use? Brand and color?

36 on an Orange BnS pad is ideal for a 1 step.

world of a difference! Can't wait til I finally try my hand at detailing my car like this. I'll probably need about 3 days of work on mine to make it look like yours.

Mine took me 40+ hours over the course of the last couple months. Still not done.... :rant:... Stripes are getting redone next week. Dark Charcoal grey. woooohoooo! Then I can finish the bumpers.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
rambln3v:

Looks fantastic. You done good.

My '98GT was black and it took some work to keep it looking good but a black car that is clean is a gorgeous sight.

Keep up the good work.

Chris

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Mine took me 40+ hours over the course of the last couple months. Still not done.... :rant:... Stripes are getting redone next week. Dark Charcoal grey. woooohoooo! Then I can finish the bumpers.

40 hours? Sounds like me lol. I wouldn't doubt it if I had that many in mine so far. It's not my DD so I just take my time. I finished all the polishing yesterday. So now it's ready for a coat of CG's Blacklight. After that a coat of CG's Black wax then V7 spray sealant. I will be glad when it's all done. Spring time weather is almost here and I'm dying to drop the top again. Haven't driven it since November.

rambln3v

Reaction score
Let me know how you like the black wax. and v7 makes a great quick detailer and an easy way to build up layers and layers of sealant. However, the slickness and depth Ultima Waterless Wash + gives is great. Especially for the cost of the concentrated bottle. Get that and you will never use anything else. Great on windows, great clay lube. It's a worker that's for sure.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Let me know how you like the black wax. and v7 makes a great quick detailer and an easy way to build up layers and layers of sealant. However, the slickness and depth Ultima Waterless Wash + gives is great. Especially for the cost of the concentrated bottle. Get that and you will never use anything else. Great on windows, great clay lube. It's a worker that's for sure.

Loved the Black wax on my Harley. I'm sure I will be just as impressed with it on the car. I'm definitely going to try the Ultima Waterless wash using this guys method presoaking the microfibers in a bucket. I don't drive my car in the rain so I never wash it with a hose.

rambln3v

Reaction score
The UWW + is perfect for inbetween washes. Using the wet towel and then buffing off with a dry one saves you so much time and so many scratches it's not even funny. Not to mention you only have to use .5 oz per 22 oz haha

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
The UWW + is perfect for inbetween washes. Using the wet towel and then buffing off with a dry one saves you so much time and so many scratches it's not even funny. Not to mention you only have to use .5 oz per 22 oz haha

Would the rinseless washes be ok for regular use if you rinsed any heavy grime off the car first?

Sorry, haven't used this stuff before.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Would the rinseless washes be ok for regular use if you rinsed any heavy grime off the car first?

depends how soiled the car is. Optimum no rinse has been a favorite for people in the north east to get salt off of their cars as an example.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score

I use it every week since there is so much pollen and I carry two clean MF towels and the UWW+ QD mix in my car in case of those nasty brid shits.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Well this whole experience has changed my outlook on detailing. It is now effortless and enjoyable. Where before, yeah it was like therapy, but it was also a pain. bahaahaha Turtle wax...? Aint no one got time for that. I thought I knew how to detail a car. Little did I know there was a whole new world. It's really fun mixing my passion with the technology/technique these products require. Just awesome.

Couldnt have said it any better myself!!! Im getting into doing jobs for money. The Griots treats me right too!

rambln3v

Reaction score
Couldnt have said it any better myself!!! Im getting into doing jobs for money. The Griots treats me right too!

Paycheck is a paycheck. Love being in and around different makes and models too :beerchug2:

And yes.. Two towels and UWW + is all you need for in between washes. You're not as likely to scratch your car where as with an improper method of washing or drying your car can cause major scratches sometimes. Speaking of... I got the 7 hex logic pad kit in today with new microfibers, deep reflections, and these two products:

They are amazing and super soft. Didn't even scratch my car when they were dry. I'd highly recommend them.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_MIC_493_Microfiber_Wash_Mitt_p/mic_493.htm

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_MIC_1995_Woolly_Mammoth_Microfiber_p/mic_1995.htm

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
depends how soiled the car is. Optimum no rinse has been a favorite for people in the north east to get salt off of their cars as an example.

OK, yeah I would think if I had any heavier build up than that I would just do a normal two bucket wash.

Cool...I appreciate it.

12GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Great work brother. I do some detailing myself. Although only do about 2 cars with actually paint correction. The majority is just AIO type customers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back