Ball joints/control arm/tie rod

bcb06gt

Reaction score
My car is hitting 70K and I realize the OEM ball joints and tie rods are not in the extended life category by any means. From searching, it seems some have went the route of Moog ball joints in the stock arm and others went GT500/FRPP new arm with included ball joint - for those retaining OEM arm style.

The GT500 route seemed to be a good deal, but the pricing now seems pretty high (@ $350) for a ball joint only a little better than OEM. I also saw on the net that I can get the following arms WITH ball joints included:
Moog ($129 each) lifetime warranty
Mevotech ($112 each) 5yr/60K
Raybestos Pro grade ($94 each) 2yr/24K
Dorman ($74 each) 1yr/12K

Considering I would do the arm swap myself, it would make sense to get the Moog arm with their ball joint vs. having a shop to just the ball joint. It would make sense to change the tie ride with a Moog while I was doing the work.

Anyone ever used one of the mentioned control arms?

The GT500 arms seem to have followed the 03/04 Cobra arm pricing when I had my 2000GT. I swapped mine when they were cheap and then a year later they almost doubled.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Not that this helps, but I'm getting ready to install Whiteline Bushings & Balljoints on my '06. I believe that's what Alex 908SS is running. Good enough for him, good enough for me. (I have the parts sitting here, just need to install)

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I was lucky and got the GT500 arms when they were $250 off eBay. Fwiw they did solve all my horrible clunking.

28ONE

Reaction score
My car is hitting 70K and I realize the OEM ball joints and tie rods are not in the extended life category by any means. From searching, it seems some have went the route of Moog ball joints in the stock arm and others went GT500/FRPP new arm with included ball joint - for those retaining OEM arm style.

The GT500 route seemed to be a good deal, but the pricing now seems pretty high (@ $350) for a ball joint only a little better than OEM. I also saw on the net that I can get the following arms WITH ball joints included:
Moog ($129 each) lifetime warranty
Mevotech ($112 each) 5yr/60K
Raybestos Pro grade ($94 each) 2yr/24K
Dorman ($74 each) 1yr/12K

Considering I would do the arm swap myself, it would make sense to get the Moog arm with their ball joint vs. having a shop to just the ball joint. It would make sense to change the tie ride with a Moog while I was doing the work.

Anyone ever used one of the mentioned control arms?

The GT500 arms seem to have followed the 03/04 Cobra arm pricing when I had my 2000GT. I swapped mine when they were cheap and then a year later they almost doubled.

It is high in price but for me more cost effective. Dont know if your lowered or not, the Steeda Control Arms are $450. I almost bought those but decided on going with the gt500 control arms.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
It is not worth just doing a Ball Joint on the Lower Arms for a higher Mileage car. The Lower Control Arm "Hydro" Bushings are a known noise issue. Replace the complete Arm. For OE Quality replacement Moog is the best!

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. The only two lower arms I was considering were Moog and mvotech (though I haven't read much on them). I knew Moog was good quality.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Moog has two lines for the control arm: the R-series and the standard series. The R series states one year warranty. I can get the R series for under $100 shipped (each). Those that install or have used Moog, is there really a difference in the part or more so the warranty. Rockauto list them as only a $10 difference.

Last, the Tasca link is the correct ones. These, if truly available for that price, are $240 shipped. Are the M-3075-E really better ball joints or is the Moog stuff still better with a grease fitting.

Tungsten06

forum member
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that you definitely can find them cheaper. I have a horrible clunk in my front suspension and am hoping new ones will fix it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back