Barton or MGW

csracing

forum member
Reaction score

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
I never used the barton but looks like a quality piece. I have had a couple MGWs including my 06 with the 3650. It was a very nice high quality. You will not find better customer service than George (the owner). If my 11 was a manual it would have a MGW right now. I had no complaints ever with their products. Good luck a new shifter is a great mod.

csracing

forum member
Reaction score
I never used the barton but looks like a quality piece. I have had a couple MGWs including my 06 with the 3650. It was a very nice high quality. You will not find better customer service than George (the owner). If my 11 was a manual it would have a MGW right now. I had no complaints ever with their products. Good luck a new shifter is a great mod.

My friend has a MGW in his '12 V6 and it is a very nice piece for sure. I was on board with MGW until I stumbled across the Barton. LOL

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Barton is an adjusted angle with a 40% throw. MGW is adjustable... how often are you going to adjust your throw?

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
i have a barton unit for my 2013. love the shifter. it's slightly more noisy than stock, but the throws are much shorter and MUCH better feeling and never miss any gears.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I remember that there was a controversy that anything over 25/30% reduction on the MT82 would damage the syncros. Don't know if that was disproven.

fake

2011 Black 5.0
Reaction score
It's easy. Do you want to spend 375.00 for a shifter that replaces just the top part, and a bolt on bracket; or do you want to spend 375.00 for a complete shift kit that replaces both the top & bottom portion with the bracket intergrated in?

MGW FTW.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
It's easy. Do you want to spend 375.00 for a shifter that replaces just the top part, and a bolt on bracket; or do you want to spend 375.00 for a complete shift kit that replaces both the top & bottom portion with the bracket intergrated in?

MGW FTW.
seems to me this isnt for an mt82 application so.........

topbliss

Reaction score
could not go wrong with either but MGW has more experience with Mustang units. I have an MGW and love it

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
I remember that there was a controversy that anything over 25/30% reduction on the MT82 would damage the syncros. Don't know if that was disproven.

From what I heard, MGW said that, but there are a lot of people with the Barton shifter without problems.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
From what I heard, MGW said that, but there are a lot of people with the Barton shifter without problems.

Yes he did. That was while he was doing his own R and D with different throws and he came to that conclusion. Only time will tell.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
yet he is said to be working on a shifter with more throw reduction, guess he deemed it ok lol, seems its only bad when other companies are doing it and selling lots of shifters

csracing

forum member
Reaction score
Just a follow up to this thread. I ended up buying a Barton shifter. Install and quality were great. Throw is as short as I'd ever want it to be and everything feels solid. The only thing that is taking some getting used to is the overall height of the shift ball. It's taller than stock. I don't hate it, it's just taking some getting used to. My friend put an MGW in his 2012 V6 (apples and oranges, I realize) and the centering spring pressure on his shifter is significantly higher than my Barton.

CSR

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back