BBK catted x pipe.. check engine light

Nick93

Reaction score
Hey all.. so I just installed the BBK catted x pipe that comes with high flow cats on my 06 GT. About 20 minutes of driving my CEL came on, code is P0155 O2 sensor heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1. I realized the connector wasn't fully connected for the pre-cat sensor on the drivers side. I drove like this for about an hour or two. Could this have caused any damage to the engine due to the incorrect air/fuel ratio ??

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
Uhhhhh...... no.

But if you want to be sure you should pull the heads and check the piston tops for any cracks. Also be sure to change the refrigerant in the AC system.

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
and the grease in your muffler bearings

And all this time I thought those sounds were coming from the spherical rod ends in my rear upper control arm. Now I gotta check my mufflers.

Rough crowd this morning.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Hey all.. so I just installed the BBK catted x pipe that comes with high flow cats on my 06 GT. About 20 minutes of driving my CEL came on, code is P0155 O2 sensor heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1. I realized the connector wasn't fully connected for the pre-cat sensor on the drivers side. I drove like this for about an hour or two. Could this have caused any damage to the engine due to the incorrect air/fuel ratio ??

I doubt it. The sensor voltage being out of range would have triggered the code, but the engine has other sensors to protect it from damage.
As for the other posters, they were just trying to be funny but they forgot to mention the synthetic blinker fluid. ;)

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
The oxygen sensors don't affect the fuel delivery enough to hurt your engine.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back