BBR Testing with Ford Racing Intake Manifold

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
I just recieved ford hot rod cams and the manifold today.powerhouse will install and tune on tuesday followed by me at track on friday.ill post my new times with the new goodies.could care less about dyno numbers but more about strip numbers. :)

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
don't know why you would be surprised...everyone wants to know if this mod is going to be worthwhile or a waste of time...
yeah i suppose your right, but iv been waiting on my results for a while seems like i just keep running into problems...lol:deadhorse:

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
well i installed mine with BBR's re tune...and im all motor my mods are in my sig...HOLY crap!! my butt dyno indicated about the same gain i did with the cams...power is just absolutely flowing after 4700rpm its awesome...torque also feels more on demand as well...overall i am very pleased with this intake for a N/A car

Only thing is the stock sized strut tower brace does not fit anymore so im going to get a GT500 strut tower brace

Last edited:

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
well i installed mine with BBR's re tune...and im all motor my mods are in my sig...HOLY crap!! my butt dyno indicated about the same gain i did with the cams...power is just absolutely flowing after 4700rpm its awesome...torque also feels more on demand as well...overall i am very pleased with this intake for a N/A car

Only thing is the stock sized strut tower brace does not fit anymore so im going to get a GT500 strut tower brace

so what kind of gain did you achieve ? do you think it was 20+ hp

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
I'm liking the sounds of that. You have very close to the same mods as myself and my intake will be here Monday and my dyno comparison day is wed. I would love to see another 20-30whp

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
easy 20rwhp im thinking around 30 to be honest i get through the power band quicker, but most importantly it sends you back in the seat better i can feel a pretty good torque gain out of it for sure

Dam i like the sound of that this makes me even more anxious to get my numbers, besides me iv not heard of this setup on a heads and cams car :clap:

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
It is almost like the intake is cursed. Everyone that has put one on can't seem to get any numbers:wtf: Dyno's break, or computer failures it just seems kind of creepy.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is almost like the intake is cursed. Everyone that has put one on can't seem to get any numbers:wtf: Dyno's break, or computer failures it just seems kind of creepy.

Or its 110 degrees in my case lol, Now the black lung is spreading.,,

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score

I just think its everyone rushing to get numbers out ot these things cuz i know they are their, and my personal oponion i like it a lot more than the C&L, in looks and from everything iv read performance, but the curse is keepin me from know my dyno numbers:deadhorse2:

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
UPDATE : Talked to the guys at BBR today they went throug everything in the motor and it all looked good so we have no clue why my car is not making any power, they think its bad gas or maybe 02 censors...if im correct the car didnt brake 360 rwhp with BBR stage 2 cams, ported heads, full boltons, FRPP intake manifold, gears, bored .020 over forged pistons and rods ..pretty much everything but a forged crank and a supercharger....Do any of ya'll have any idea what my problem might be with my car, i mean BBR has never had a car with stage 2 cams and heads tuned by chris make less than 370 RWHP????

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
UPDATE : Talked to the guys at BBR today they went throug everything in the motor and it all looked good so we have no clue why my car is not making any power, they think its bad gas or maybe 02 censors...if im correct the car didnt brake 360 rwhp with BBR stage 2 cams, ported heads, full boltons, FRPP intake manifold, gears, bored .020 over forged pistons and rods ..pretty much everything but a forged crank and a supercharger....Do any of ya'll have any idea what my problem might be with my car, i mean BBR has never had a car with stage 2 cams and heads tuned by chris make less than 370 RWHP????

Maybe your car is a factory dud.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Did they check to see if the FRPP manifold is flexing like the others?

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
well just remember that you have a built shortblock...so that means it can take more abuse, but .020 pistons arent gonna really make more power.

but this is interesting. the heat is what im guessing your problem is.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I see nothing wrong with your numbers. What pistons/compression?

Is that built engine broken in? How many miles?

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ good point. A built engine if not broken in won't just make power right away. Needs a bit of time for everything to settle and seal first

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back