best liquid wax

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
How is the shinyness and the durability of the Ultimate Wax compared to NXT 2.0?

It's much better than NXT 2.0. It beads for a long ass time too. I wash my car at least once a week. That stuff I just linked to helps keep the shine going like crazy too. It's a hell of a lot better than their Gold Class car wash.

Using NXT 2.0 paste or liquid, I have both, my car stops beading up about a month after applying it. I'm at six weeks on the Ultimate Wax and it still beads up like the day I applied it.

I use their car wash I linked to above to clean the car. Then I use their Clay Kit to clean up the paint. I then move onto their Ultimate Compound. That stuff is so easy to use and will not swirl the shit out of your car. But it will take swirls out very easily as well as nicely prep the car for the next step. Ultimate Polish. If the compound left anything behind, and usually I don't have to use the polish, but if there are some stubborn water marks, I'll use this next and they will be all gone. I then finish up with their Ultimate Wax I linked to above. I use their DA Polisher for all of the steps above when applying. I remove everything by hand with microfiber towels.

Their DA Polisher, the G110v2, is one of the better ones out there. I really loved my Porter Cable DA polisher, but this one just makes everything so easy and requires much less effort to use on the operators part. So you aren't as tired as you would be using the Porter Cable IMO.

Having bragged on Meguiar's enough, I'll also say this. Their pads suck. They work great the first two or three times, but they wear out REALLY fast. So I'm looking for DKS to show me linkage to some better pads and I'm open to trying other products like the Blackfire they talked about above. But if you want super easy, cave-man can do it detailing, that's your ticket right there.

Last edited:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
It's much better than NXT 2.0. It beads for a long ass time too. I wash my car at least once a week. That stuff I just linked to helps keep the shine going like crazy too. It's a hell of a lot better than their Gold Class car wash.

Using NXT 2.0 paste or liquid, I have both, my car stops beading up about a month after applying it. I'm at six weeks on the Ultimate Wax and it still beads up like the day I applied it.

I use their car wash I linked to above to clean the car. Then I use their Clay Kit to clean up the paint. I then move onto their Ultimate Compound. That stuff is so easy to use and will not swirl the shit out of your car. But it will take swirls out very easily as well as nicely prep the car for the next step. Ultimate Polish. If the compound left anything behind, and usually I don't have to use the polish, but if there are some stubborn water marks, I'll use this next and they will be all gone. I then finish up with their Ultimate Wax I linked to above. I use their DA Polisher for all of the steps above when applying. I remove everything by hand with microfiber towels.

Their DA Polisher, the G110v2, is one of the better ones out there. I really loved my Porter Cable DA polisher, but this one just makes everything so easy and requires much less effort to use on the operators part. So you aren't as tired as you would be using the Porter Cable IMO.

Having bragged on Meguiar's enough, I'll also say this. Their pads suck. They work great the first two or three times, but they wear out REALLY fast. So I'm looking for DKS to show me linkage to some better pads and I'm open to trying other products like the Blackfire they talked about above. But if you want super easy, cave-man can do it detailing, that's your ticket right there.

Thank you. I unfortunately don't have time to really detail the car. One of the reasons I picked NXT was because it tends to hide swirls really well (black car). Does the Ultimate Wax do likewise?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Similar, but not the same.

M21 2.0 does in fact last longer and does not "fill"

Essentially the same exact product. The only difference was that #21 was designed to not break down under the heat and use of a polisher. While NXT was always designed for application by hand..

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Essentially the same exact product. The only difference was that #21 was designed to not break down under the heat and use of a polisher. While NXT was always designed for application by hand..

I'm not completely disagreeing with you, BUT M21 2.0 does not fill, like NXT 2.0 does. It also imo from my experience lasts longer. Now the differences in finish can be debatable as well.

So again, I say similar but not the same. One product that meguiars did make that is a direct clone is their #135 detailer spray and the Ultimate Detail Spray.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Where do you purchase this Blackfire and in what ways is it better?

Amazon.com, detailedimage.com

Google it, it's not hard to find.

It is a "show" sealant. It lasts longer than any sealant out there and has a very nice finish. Almost like the look of a wax. It's the best of both worlds.

FWIW, I tried NXT 2.0 on my car and hated it on black. Too streaky and smudgy from all the oils for a black car, IMO.

I do use it on my Jeep and the Xterra, though. But I'd never put it on a black car again, period.

DKS, have you tried Meguiar's Ultimate wax? It's a synthetic as well. Won't turn your black parts white either. I've used it the last two times and by far, I like it better than the NXT 2.0 I was using. It goes on super easy and comes off super easy.

I still need to try Blackfire. Where do you buy your waxes and pads for the DA from?

I have not tired the Ultimate wax yet. I have so much stuff that I like already, I just have no desire to buy any. Once all the stuff I have now is used I will most likely go to Zanio products. I'll still use M105/M205 for polishing, though.

I shop around for stuff on Amazon. But if I need to buy a lot of stuff I go to detailedimage.com to save shipping from multiple vendors. If you want a discount code PM me.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
So I'm looking for DKS to show me linkage to some better pads and I'm open to trying other products like the Blackfire they talked about above. But if you want super easy, cave-man can do it detailing, that's your ticket right there.

http://www.detailedimage.com

Thank you. I unfortunately don't have time to really detail the car. One of the reasons I picked NXT was because it tends to hide swirls really well (black car). Does the Ultimate Wax do likewise?

I can't imagine NXT 2.0 actually doing a very good job of hiding swirls. Maybe for a day or two, but that's questionable.

The trick is to get rid of them and not cause them again.

DKs turned me on to Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Wax. i use the liquid cause im a fan of liquid. but im sure it is a wax not a sealant.

How do you like the liquid? I haven't tried it yet, it just came out recently. And yes, it is a wax.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
http://www.detailedimage.com/
I can't imagine NXT 2.0 actually doing a very good job of hiding swirls. Maybe for a day or two, but that's questionable.

The trick is to get rid of them and not cause them again.

Absolutely agree but I unfortunately use a rinseless wash on my car and I think that gives it a lot of swirls (despite the advertising).

I don't really care enough to have it be show perfect. Although I dont drive it much, it's still my only car so it sees groceries, roadtrips, and furniture.

What sealant/wax would you recommend for someone who washes his car every month or so and would just like to hide the swirls a little better and give the paint protection for at least 4 weeks (more is even better)? My car is garaged so it doesnt get super filthy but it sees a lot of rain. I am running out of NXT so I'd love to try something new, especially if you believe it looks better on black (i'm the kinda guy who throws on wax and goes "oh cool, shiny").

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
So, this means that it has polishing agents in it...which is not a bad thing, takes a long time to separate the process ( polish-then wax)
I used nxt2 on my F250, after rubbing it out (megs OTC num. 2 polish, '1' is the cleaner) and it did not hold up all that well, maybe a month, no more beading.
Using Rejex for the past 2 years, it really does a great job of 'sealing', I went 5 months or so, and the ZX2 still beads water.
But, bought some bfire based upon testimonials here...rejex looks a bit thin or plasticky, even if you do 2 coats back-to-back.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Absolutely agree but I unfortunately use a rinseless wash on my car and I think that gives it a lot of swirls (despite the advertising).

I don't really care enough to have it be show perfect. Although I dont drive it much, it's still my only car so it sees groceries, roadtrips, and furniture.

What sealant/wax would you recommend for someone who washes his car every month or so and would just like to hide the swirls a little better and give the paint protection for at least 4 weeks (more is even better)? My car is garaged so it doesnt get super filthy but it sees a lot of rain. I am running out of NXT so I'd love to try something new, especially if you believe it looks better on black (i'm the kinda guy who throws on wax and goes "oh cool, shiny").

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Black Fire Wet Diamond is going to hide swirls any better than NXT. I'm just not sure, I don't have swirls to hide, honestly. But it will look more shiny, and will for sure last longer than the NXT, lest smudging and streaking, too.

If you only wash your car every month, then you for sure want to use a good sealant. Probably BFWD or Zanio Z5 would be your best bet. I haven't tried to Z5 yet, but they say it's better on dark cars than the Z2, so it's got to be good.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Black Fire Wet Diamond is going to hide swirls any better than NXT. I'm just not sure, I don't have swirls to hide, honestly. But it will look more shiny, and will for sure last longer than the NXT, lest smudging and streaking, too.

If you only wash your car every month, then you for sure want to use a good sealant. Probably BFWD or Zanio Z5 would be your best bet. I haven't tried to Z5 yet, but they say it's better on dark cars than the Z2, so it's got to be good.

Sweet. I will look into the BFWD, Z5, and the Blackfire. I'm assuming there's no trick to applying a sealant? I've always applied it like a wax, two coats to ensure coverage.

One thing I know is that so far, with NXT, raindrops bead like crazy on my car.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Sweet. I will look into the BFWD, Z5, and the Blackfire. I'm assuming there's no trick to applying a sealant? I've always applied it like a wax, two coats to ensure coverage.

One thing I know is that so far, with NXT, raindrops bead like crazy on my car.

BFWD= Black Fire Wet Diamond

Yes, there are tricks. Put it on as thin as possible. Allow to cure for 24 hours before you put on a second coat. And it's hard to explain, but you remove it a little differently than wax. You can remove all of the wax in one area at one time. With sealants you want to hit an area then sort of bounce around a little and come back again. You're knocking off the top layer and letting it dry a little more then comming back to it. It makes a difference when you do it that way. Don't try to finish removing one panel before you start another panel. Move around and come back as you remove it.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
BFWD= Black Fire Wet Diamond

Yes, there are tricks. Put it on as thin as possible. Allow to cure for 24 hours before you put on a second coat. And it's hard to explain, but you remove it a little differently than wax. You can remove all of the wax in one area at one time. With sealants you want to hit an area then sort of bounce around a little and come back again. You're knocking off the top layer and letting it dry a little more then comming back to it. It makes a difference when you do it that way. Don't try to finish removing one panel before you start another panel. Move around and come back as you remove it.

Thank you again!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
no it is liquid

It's like any young chick these days with enough alcohol in her. . . .

31cZftvGYUL.jpg

Goes both ways

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
i dont know how the paste is but i like the liquid.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back