Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant A+++

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Thats the thing, pictures do lie when it comes to detailing appearances. Your finish probably looks better in person than it does in your picture.

You misconstrewed my post. If youre happy using Zaino, more power to you. But for you to say that zaino or sealants like it resemble a carnauba wax, people would look at you as if you had a second head or a third arm.

I'd bet good money if I put two cars in front of you, both prepped the exact same way, one that was done with a sealant, another done with a concours wax, you would be able to tell the difference easily. Now which one is more attractive to the eye is up to you.

Forget it............You've edited your post and it still has a derogatory slant to it.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Forget it............You've edited your post and it still has a

Yep, I did. I was adding another point as to why after spending so much time, not finish it off right. It's like making a sundae and forgetting the cherry.

I wouldn't say derogatory, I'd say, it's my opinion towards middle of the road products being used on cars with hours and hours of prep work.

I think zaino is great for the sunday joe detailer who doesn obsess over his finish.

Hell, you wanna know whats on my car? Yea, its been wet sanded and polished, with about 60 hours into the prep work. I even had vintage on it for some time, but right now, it just has AQuartz (A nano resin) that doesn't cost more than $50.

So if you see my post being derogatory? I guess I apologize but I'm giving you my opinion on those products.

Last edited:

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, a lot of people don't have hours and hours just prepping the paint before adding that "cherry"

It's a huge commitment to spend that much time on the car.

My neighbor that lives parallel to my townhouse is a detail freak. He's actually taught me a few things as well. He will spend 5-6 days buffing half the car, applying different polishes, claying, washing, etc. He then spends an extra 1-2 days applying the finishing touches. However, he starts working on the car within 20 minutes of getting home around 5:30 or so, and doesn't stop until 8-9. On the weekends, he starts at 7 AM, and stops at 10 PM.

He does amazing work, however, clearly that is about all you can do with your life by working on your car that long. Shows you don't have a very active social life as most of it is spent in the garage.

If I had the time, you better believe it would take me 2-3 hours just washing the car, not even including the wheels. Same with Polishing, I would probably spend 20 hours on the car at the very least.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, a lot of people don't have hours and hours just prepping the paint before adding that "cherry"

My neighbor that lives parallel to my townhouse is a detail freak. He's actually taught me a few things as well. He will spend 5-6 days buffing half the car, applying different polishes, claying, washing, etc. He then spends an extra 1-2 days applying the finishing touches. However, he starts working on the car within 20 minutes of getting home around 5:30 or so, and doesn't stop until 8-9. On the weekends, he starts at 7 AM, and stops at 10 PM.

He does amazing work, however, clearly that is about all you can do with your life by working on your car that long. Shows you don't have a very active social life as most of it is spent in the garage.

If I had the time, you better believe it would take me 2-3 hours just washing the car, not even including the wheels. Same with Polishing, I would probably spend 20 hours on the car at the very least.

If you don't have the time, then of course an expensive wax is a waste. If you do, more power to you. I myself am a busy person as well, but I budget my time properly.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

Some would see a dedicated guy with a serious hobby.
I just see a guy who gets no pussy and needs to stay occupied before he goes on a killing spree. :roflmao:

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Some would see a dedicated guy with a serious hobby.
I just see a guy who gets no pussy and needs to stay occupied before he goes on a killing spree. :roflmao:

LMMFAO!!!

My stomach is killing me.

He is married and his wife supports the Hobby....errr...thing..

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
LMMFAO!!!

My stomach is killing me.

He is married and his wife supports the Hobby....errr...thing..

Hmm.. sounds like he is moving his hobby over into an obsession. I can say my personal life is nowhere near like that one individuals.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
You guys are assholes, ROFL.

He is a great guy, and his wife is cool too.

It's not like he does it every day. However, I would say he washes both his new Camaro and her SUV at least once or twice a week, which usually takes a couple hours on each car.

Hilarious shit...ROR

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I'm just saying he might not be getting the tuna taco as much as he should is all.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, a lot of good stuff in a BFWD thread... I will try to put my two cents in but I am not in the same league as the more knowledgeable guys on here like Seer, Nasty and DKS.

I used Zaino for years and was very happy with it. Thanks to Daniel (DKS) I even tried BFWD. I would put BFWD and Zaino in a very close rating. I think Zaino is a little easier to apply and remove and I would give BFWD a slight advantage in looks. About a year ago I became unhappy with the look of Zaino and wanted to try something new. I bought Pinnacle Souveran and was blown away. Once I put the first coat on I could never go back to Zaino or any sealant. The only problem with PS is it does not last very long.

With all the comments on nano coatings I will be switching to them next year. My plan is to do a full polish and than apply Opti-Coat in the spring. Also, I bought a sample of Cquartz and will polish the hood of my wife's car and apply it before winter. If these coatings give me the look of PS and last 12+ months I will be very happy. If these coating work as advertised I think the days of sealants will be numbered.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know, is like putting ketchup on a filet mignon. Thats my long way to say, long hard work, deserves a good reward at the end.

I get this point. I just can't see the difference on a car. I need to go to more big big car shows and speak with the owners. :(

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Holy cow, that's a big rig. Nice one too...

fake

2011 Black 5.0
Reaction score
Blackfire FTW!
IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Paint looks dripping wet, awesome job.

Is it the wax or the sealant I'M STUMPED!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back