BMR suspension failures

07 Boss

Reaction score
If it is an older version they were known to have an issue and it was addressed with an updated design. So depending on when you got them yes, they may fail. Reach out to BMR. I had one of their extreme rear sway bars crack and the sent me a new custom one with thicker walled tubing even though I am half to blame because they advise you to unhook it on the street and I always left it hooked up. But my point is they took care of me and then some. Even sent me new bushings.

https://www.s197forum.com/posts/2449184/

dhrmx5

Reaction score
We have had 2 failures of them. Car in my avatar uses them. We snapped an extended ball joint once when a Ferrari decided to dart in front in the braking zone not realizing we were still on it. Driver slammed on the brakes and the ball joint snapped. I had BMR sell me arms without the ball joints and we installed spherical bearings in them. That solved that problem. The second time the arm itself broke at the point where the reinforcement ends after several years and lots of abuse. Car uses Hoosier A7 315/35-18 so lots of grip/stress. BMR warranted the arms and gave us both sides of the updated arms and we have had no issues since then. very happy with the guys there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back