BMR UCA not lining up with the axle bolt hole

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I got the UCA attached to the mount, and the mount is all installed, but the end of the UCA that attaches to the axle is too long. I shortened the UCA (I have the adjustable one) to it's shortest position and it's still too short.

Does this mean the axle shifted forward even with the PHB/LCA/Sway bar/all that jazz still hooked up? Guess I need to put a jack under the axle and try to push it towards the rear once it's up? (that'll be fun. ffs sometimes I wish I was fat so I didn't just slide away when I pushed on things lololol)

Any tips would be great, got the rest of my suspension all hooked up and almost ready to roll once I get this UCA finished and the wheels back on. :peace:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
The axle will rotate forward without having the UCA there to prevent it from falling forward. Jack the rear up, and put some muscle into it and you'll be able to get it back in line.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Got it, woohoo, done! Lol. Now I just need to get an alignment today

claudermilk

Reaction score
ffs sometimes I wish I was fat so I didn't just slide away when I pushed on things lololol

:LMAO: I get that. I gets annoying pushing yourself around under the car when you mean to move a part. Look at it as a puzzle and workout wrapped into one.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I used ratchet straps to pull things back together.

Works on exhaust to. Lol

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Yah it sucks if it shifts on you. Normally that doesn't happen. In fact I've never had it happen with the upper. But it has done it to me on the lowers. It's easier to straighten out with the lower arms if that issue comes up.

Ratchet straps, long screwdrivers, elbow grease, etc. all come in handy there. My friend and I had no straps and we ended up using the spare jack to help push off and get it lined up again.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I just lifted it with my jack a little, got under there, and kept jerking on it (LOL). After many jerks and scooting back behind it since every time I pulled on it my 150LB self moved in the opposite direction, I got it far enough back that I could put the bolt through haha. It was a process xD

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back