bogarts or holeshots

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
well i am having some trouble picking what wheel to go with. both seem like great wheels. i need some help deciding. now i will not be driving on these wheels everday, so i will be getting the 325 et streets. that is unless you have another idea

1. please let me know what you have
2. your likes and dislikes with your choice
3. any pictures that you might have would be great. seeing them on a car would go a long way in helping me decide.
4. and where you got them from

thanks for the help
ciao
ken

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get either one because you state you will be driving on them everyday. Both the holeshots and the bogarts are very light, and as such if you hit a pot hole hard they will bend.

Having said that, I have the Bogart D10s, they are very light, but I had one start leaking, in which case I took the tire off and had to reseal the joint with RTV sealant to fix the leak.

The Holeshot wheel I held in my hand at a PSCA race had no such joint, so it would be impossible to leak from there.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just put Bogart Welded R/T 15x10 on 275/50 Mickey DR's. They look great and pics are in the picture and video thread under bogart pictures if you want to see. Only complaint I have is that for some reason they were rubbing against the right caliper only (I guess minor casting differences) so I had to use a small 7/32 spacer but I think a very small amount of grinding will work I just don't feel like doing that right now. I got them from JPC Racing online and they sell both types of center caps and lugs also.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
If I were looking at spending the money on Bogarts and Holeshots, but wanted to drive on them everyday....Look at the Weld RT's....very streetable....and around the same price...

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get either one because you state you will be driving on them everyday. Both the holeshots and the bogarts are very light, and as such if you hit a pot hole hard they will bend.

Having said that, I have the Bogart D10s, they are very light, but I had one start leaking, in which case I took the tire off and had to reseal the joint with RTV sealant to fix the leak.

The Holeshot wheel I held in my hand at a PSCA race had no such joint, so it would be impossible to leak from there.

thanks, but i said that i would not be driving them everyday. the car will come out only on nice days with those wheels on it.

thanks for all of the input, keep it coming.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i would never chance driving on either on the street ever. that being said Island Dragway's pit and roads are the most pot hole filled i have ever driven on so using them at that track would be a a nightmare too lol

I wouldlook into the racelines that are coming out soon. fully streetable lightweight 15" rims with no spacers needed

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
i would never chance driving on either on the street ever. that being said Island Dragway's pit and roads are the most pot hole filled i have ever driven on so using them at that track would be a a nightmare too lol

I wouldlook into the racelines that are coming out soon. fully streetable lightweight 15" rims with no spacers needed

i have not heard of those, i had the raceline gt's and they weighed a ton. when should they be coming out.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the bogarts and I do drive them on the street about once a week... So far I have avoided many pot holes. I will be buying a set of holeshot revolvers this winter just to change it up a bit :) The nice thing about the holeshot's is the spacer can be removed on the front so when i get the race brakes it will get pushed in more

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
If I were looking at spending the money on Bogarts and Holeshots, but wanted to drive on them everyday....Look at the Weld RT's....very streetable....and around the same price...

damn chris you have offically changed my mind, i am loving weld racing magnum III RT in the polished finish. but i am having some trouble finding the correct size for our cars. i have called summit and also the place you mentioned about a year ago in you post, but no one can tell me the correct size for the wheels. you mentioned that you knew somebody that was testing these. how did it go, and could you put me in touch with him. i have some time, i will not get back to the states until after the new year. thanks for the help, and making my decision even harder.

also you would not have any pictures of them on a s197. i am deployed and the internet sucks. if you have any could you email them to [email protected]
ciao

ken

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back