Boss 512 (con't)

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
So for those that don't know -

This is the fabled "Boss 512":

http://www.fivestarfordofplano.com/...P8AM4C5261656/Used-2012-Ford-Mustang-Plano-TX

I received an inquiry on the vehicle and I had a golden opportunity for some trolling BUT - that's not top-notch customer service, and that's something I've worked very hard for and very well known for.

So I decided to share here so we can have our fun, in a non-customer facing environment.

Here's the customer's inquiry -

"So since you are the performance expert than tell me about this BOSS 512...
So this is just a 6 cylinder mustang with a graphic kit ? Who put the graphic kit on her?
What are the upgrades to this car off the base 6 cylinder mustang?
What the horsepower on her?"

I just....I can't even...

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Hopefully 512 is the original owner's area code on his phone number. If not, I dont know who the hell he was trying to fool.

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
First thing listed: "Vehicle Highlights. 2 PWR points"

That right there sells me that car. I mean it's got twice the the power of a car with only one PWR point! That is definitely a top feature!

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Hopefully 512 is the original owner's area code on his phone number. If not, I dont know who the hell he was trying to fool.

Right? That's true, I didn't think about that. "512" is an Austin area code. Lol.

First thing listed: "Vehicle Highlights. 2 PWR points"

That right there sells me that car. I mean it's got twice the the power of a car with only one PWR point! That is definitely a top feature!

Oh dude, don't even get me started on the descriptions. It's a daily battle since they're written off-site. :helpme:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised that you guys don't just peel the stickers off and just sell the car as a normal V-6. It's not a bad looking car at all. I think those decals just lessen the value of the car to a serious buyer. Heck, I'd ask for a ten percent discount right off the top just because of those stripes! LOL

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Would be a nice commuter car......... without those stripes.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised that you guys don't just peel the stickers off and just sell the car as a normal V-6. It's not a bad looking car at all. I think those decals just lessen the value of the car to a serious buyer. Heck, I'd ask for a ten percent discount right off the top just because of those stripes! LOL

A valid point. But consider this - most consumers want to feel like they got something special without having to shell out the money for it. This car delivers that. Is it my fault that the potential buyer is uneducated when it comes to Mustangs? Is it my place to take away the special feeling he'll get every time he sees the "Boss 512" decals? Certainly not.

But if it's here for another week, I'm taking the stripes off. :yaoface:

Peel the stripes.
Slap on some Legato mufflers.
Profit.

Just for you -
6ED7C657-56A4-468B-88C6-987D57D3F3E2_zpsezhvyd3e.png

forum member
Reaction score
Is it my fault that the potential buyer is uneducated when it comes to Mustangs? Is it my place to take away the special feeling he'll get every time he sees the "Boss 512" decals? Certainly not.

But if it's here for another week, I'm taking the stripes off. :yaoface:
[/IMG]

It sounds like the customer knew exactly what he was looking at, based on his questions? Or am I missing the point here?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I think that customer is trolling you Erik ... lol

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
It sounds like the customer knew exactly what he was looking at, based on his questions? Or am I missing the point here?

I think that customer is trolling you Erik ... lol

Yes and no. Lol. I finally got a chance to speak with him on the phone. He's bought quite a few Fords from the dealership when it was under different ownership. He owns a '67 Fastback, but he said he's unfamiliar with late-model offerings. And this will be for his son to boot.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
So tell him that 512 is the size of the crowd it can take down in any one given attempt

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Be a hell of a nice car for a kid. But still take the stripes off.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Be a hell of a nice car for a kid. But still take the stripes off.

That's exactly what I said. I says, "Bud, since we've established you're an actual Mustang guy. I can't in all good conscience let you have your kid rollin around out there with 'Boss 512' on the sides". He laughed and agreed.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back