Brake pressure sensor

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Can you give more detail on loading your data into it?

I saved my ASBUILT data from my ABS unit onto my laptop. You go into PATS, Module Initialization, and then click ABS module. It will initialize it through a approx. 12min process and then you can import your ASBUILT data into the new module.

If you just install the used module, you'll get more codes than you started with as the car doesn't recognize it.

DieHarder

Reaction score
I saved my ASBUILT data from my ABS unit onto my laptop. You go into PATS, Module Initialization, and then click ABS module. It will initialize it through a approx. 12min process and then you can import your ASBUILT data into the new module.

If you just install the used module, you'll get more codes than you started with as the car doesn't recognize it.

^^^ It's shit like this that makes this forum worth everyone's time. :snoopy

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
ok, so I got about 7 months out of this one and the code came back on me today. Got in my car to leave work and DTCs. It was fine otw to work and during lunch/errands.

What are the chances that it's just another old unit and it went bad?
OR
What could be causing damage or whatever the case may be, to the brake pressure sensor in the ABS module? I can get another one and try again, but if there is something causing this, I'd like to fix that first.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From all of my reading its a junk unit. I disconnected a abs sensor at the wheel and will just drive it that way.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I can get another used abs unit from an 11-14 GT for $99+shipping. I think the previous one I bought was a match on the ABS module, but I'd have to look into it, can't remember that far back, but I know I have it in my toolbox at least.

Since the pressure sensor is in the HCU, I believe that one from any 11-14 GT should work. I'll update with what I find out. I can't stand having lights on my dash.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe its dirty/contaminated fluid? Since it's a pressure sensor, maybe it's getting clogged or something? I was going to do a fluid flush before replacing the HCU just in case.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've talked to a few people and the problem for the most part is the circuit board. From my understanding you can take it apart and resolder it. I was told it's obvious. I havent done it yet but may.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
this problem is in the HCU, not the ABS module AFAIK. I took one of the ABS modules apart and nothing stood out to me as being fried or needing to be re-soldered. But I will look more into it again.

Do you have any diagrams or descriptions of what needs to be re-soldered on the board?

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Replaced just the HCU, cycled the key twice and codes are gone.

So it's not the actual abs module it's the HCU. Is rather it was the module, no brake fluid to deal with.

Any year should work. This one was from a 2014 GT.

Last edited:

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Freedom parts outlet . Com

Forscan might of reset the codes, it gave me an error because I hit ok before cycling the key, but when I reconnected they were gone.

After install I did an abs bleed with forscan then manually bled.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back