Bugs

DCA08GT

Reaction score
Normally when I go down to Ramstein I wash the car as soon as we get there but I really couldn't do it in Paris.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Keep some detail equipment in the trunk for emergency. If a bird shits on my car I will pull over,pop the trunk and get it off as fast as I can.

warpig12354

too slow
Reaction score
@DDTCM, OT but are you around the 620 and 2222 area? I was at McD's a couple weeks ago and by the mods in your sig I think I may have spotted you at Taco Cabana. I was like damn... my friends didn't understand lol

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
@DDTCM, OT but are you around the 620 and 2222 area? I was at McD's a couple weeks ago and by the mods in your sig I think I may have spotted you at Taco Cabana. I was like damn... my friends didn't understand lol

I do get around that area once in a blue moon but it wasn't me. I've never been to that T.C.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Never heard of the dryer sheet method....but I have yet to really accumulate bad bug buildup. Once the Junebugs drop dead around here it's pretty much smooth sailing save the occasional bees.

sethah

forum member
Reaction score
Keep some detail equipment in the trunk for emergency. If a bird shits on my car I will pull over,pop the trunk and get it off as fast as I can.

All this time i thought i was the only one anal enough to do this. My wife gets mad at me all the time for it. I detail the vehicles for several funeral homes and use wd-40 all the time. The turtle wax brand bug remover works well also.

DCA08GT

Reaction score
Travel detail kit has been added to the mustang. Gonna hit the front end again tonight/tomorrow and hopefully my friend comes thru with the clay bar kit by Sunday.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Just be glad you don't like in Florida and get pelted by "love bugs". When they're in season, they can cover a car...and you better be quick about getting them off cause they will etch the crap out of your clear pretty fast if they bake in the sun.
WD-40, goof off, quick detailer and clay are all things I've used to get rid of bug debris.

DCA08GT

Reaction score
True but where we live in Germany is all farm land and there are bugs everywhere up here. And my neighborhood is literally in the middle of a farm.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
True but where we live in Germany is all farm land and there are bugs everywhere up here. And my neighborhood is literally in the middle of a farm.

Understand...when I moved up here to Georgia, I lived on a small farm.
I hate horse flies and just flies in general.

davepett

Reaction score
I've had good success with this sponge and Meguiar's soap, 99% comes right off with no extra elbow grease.

208059029.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back