Build Went Wrong

06 BLK MGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So about 5 months ago I started my build MMR Stoker Block, Stage 3 livernois heads, PTC stall; stage 2 custom grind comp cam; etc. Well I got the delearship to do the entire install since they are the only shop here in town. It was the biggest mistake ever. When they finally finish the install I drove it for about five minutes and started hearing this knocking sound coming from the heads and tranny. I pulled to the side and tow it back to the delearship they told me the knocking sound was normal and that I shouldn't worry about it. The next day I took the car to phoenix to get it check and here is what they found. One of the rocker was not completly torque down so it was lodged out against the cam tower, and bent some valves. Motor mount nut not even tight down, and no bolt on the other side, they put exhaust studs instead of dowels to hold in chain guides, drivers side pistons are carboned up passenger side is clean, mutiple header bolts were loose. More problems the new torque converter balooned and took out the thrust bearings and the mains. Scrape the shit out of the bellhousing. It is at the shop getting it back together. So here are the questions. What causes a stall to balooned so much? Should I replace the bellhousing bolts? What caused the drivers side pistons to carbonate but not the passengers side? Here are some pictures of the damage.

v.jpg

a.jpg

q.jpg

vc.jpg

z.jpg

4-28-09_012.jpg

4-28-09_016.jpg

4-28-09_013.jpg

c.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
dang that sucks! is the dealership going to fix everything for you? does that mean you don't need the torque converter you asked about in the classifieds?! cause i want it haha

ryanralston07

forum member
Reaction score
I'd ask for a refund that's for sure! How long did it take them to do the build? Hate that for ya man, but dang they messed up. I'd contact a lawyer about this...

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
fuck that sucks man, I told you to take it here like you did last time......

You NEVER take a car with all those mods to a dealership....

Last edited:

06 BLK MGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
it sounds like he drove it for 5 min. then stopped and had it towed to the dealer.
they gave him the ok to drive it saying it's normal.
he drove it to phoenix and saw the damage...

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive been waiting for a deal like that for about 7 months now! that's definitely my ticket into the tens! how about i give you 20 bucks and you don't buy it?

06 BLK MGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive been waiting for a deal like that for about 7 months now! that's definitely my ticket into the tens! how about i give you 20 bucks and you don't buy it?

Haha no thanks.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
call me if you need a shortblock, I may be able to get Greg to give a deal on one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back