Burnout in 2nd gear stalls car

Jacob Gunther

Reaction score
I bought my dream car about 10 months ago, a 2013 Mustang GT Premium. The previous owner did quite a few tasteful modifications, including swapping the ECU and intake manifold from a Boss 302. Everything was done perfectly and very meticulously at a quality install. I have recently become more confident with the car so I have been taking it to an undisclosed spot to do some testing, and noticed something odd about the car.

Breaking traction and doing a donut is easy in first gear and it's perfect, but attempting to clutch kick in second gear will cause the car to stall after a second or two. It will spin the tires easily but as soon as it starts to go sideways the back wheels will start to wheel hop pretty bad. Then suddenly the car will stall and it won't crank back up on the first attempt. You can keep cranking and it will not start. The second crank will start the car after some sputtering. The car dies instantly when this happens, it's not like I don't have enough wheel speed.

I wouldn't normally be concerned about this since it only happens when trying to purposefully put the car sideways, but I want to fix all the small issues. I have a feeling it has something to do with the fuel tank or fueling issues, but this doesn't explain why the car doesn't start back up on the first crank. Any ideas?

EDIT: After reading some into other posts on this forum, I read that the AdvanceTrac can turn back on under extreme G-forces, which I am thinking that can be. Do you think that this might be the issue?

Last edited:

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Sounds like what would happen if the stability control took over. Cut the throttle and apply breaking too stop you from sliding.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Sounds like the Nannies are going into limp mode.
Trying to keep you from crashing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unplug the abs sensor in the drivers wheel well and try it again or get rid of the junk suspension thats causing wheel hop.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back