Busy day today with the stangs!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Put it back together after the track day, looks different with the street tires vice skinny/fats.

Had to pull the radiator out due to a casaulty at the track, what a mess that was....esp being an automatic with tranny cooler in there...placed a bid on Ebay for the radiator/shroud/fans for $214 shipped which is a great deal since I paid $200 shipped just for the mishimoto radiator 2 years ago.

Installed the UPR sway bar delete on Luke's car which was easy; when we were at the track-Luke was spectating-he started the car up and he had a horrible exhaust leak coming from the passenger side so we pulled the passenger side manifold and the gasket came out in at least 10 pieces, which was good since we knew what the issue was. Installed the Felpro gaskets and all was going well until we tried to re-install the last bolt-always happens that way-and it was very unhappy going back into the head...uh oh....we tried every trick we knew to get it to rethread itself, put the manilfod back on and when tightening that bolt the head threads gave up so 7/8 is all we got. Started the car and no leaks, whew.

We also reoriented his hot side turbo piping to get it away from the AC wiring/compressor/serp belt and got the one exhaust pipe into the hanger which we had put off until we did the sway bar delete which gave us the clearance we needed.

Next weekend UPR K member install....gulp.:helpme:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Any more details about the 'casualty' at the track?
impatient2.gif

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL.....posted it in the track day thread..the TB coupler blew off the TB pushing my up pipe into the fan shroud which pushed the fan shroud into the radiator which the radiator did not appreciate and started leaking...so all of that caused by something so small/simple...sigh....weird thing is I have had that coupler/T bolt clamp on for numerous 1/8 and 1/4 passes and no issues....I am searching for a better coupler but finding a 4.5" to 3.0" coupler is looking bleak.

I also blew my passenger side OTA pipe off during my runs and dragged it down the track so that is going to have to be replaced....sigh.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Aw man, sorry to hear that. Breaking down sucks. Breaking down on the track sucks worse. :thud:

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
thanks again for the help today Greg. Hopefully that bolt holds into place, if not, Ill rtv that shit or something, lol. I stopped by advanced on the way home to get a quart of oil. When I pulled the oil cap off I saw the same shit that we saw at the mouth of the muffler! :omfg: I texted Jeremy a pic and he said its nothing but condensation, he gets it too. I was worried that I had a blown head gasket for a minute. I need to double check my oil when I change it soon.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well....95% exhaust leak and 5% head problem since the one head bolt hole is shot....

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Road trip? LOL...I saw you in the chat box talking about FI....this shit is addicting!

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL thats a long road trip. We will see after March about the FI. If the stars align it will happen.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That was an ass kicking they gave the Bills!

But....behold the Black and Gold!

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
LOL.....posted it in the track day thread..the TB coupler blew off the TB pushing my up pipe into the fan shroud which pushed the fan shroud into the radiator which the radiator did not appreciate and started leaking...so all of that caused by something so small/simple...sigh....weird thing is I have had that coupler/T bolt clamp on for numerous 1/8 and 1/4 passes and no issues....I am searching for a better coupler but finding a 4.5" to 3.0" coupler is looking bleak.

I also blew my passenger side OTA pipe off during my runs and dragged it down the track so that is going to have to be replaced....sigh.

I'm glad the radiator support brace install went well. Looking forward to seeing your k-member install!

For the TB pipe, you might want to try one of these: http://www.racepartsolutions.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JOD-867530

I blew the discharge pipe off of my ProCharger once and it sucked. When we redid the piping recently, I added one of these braces. That pipe's not going ANYWHERE now! :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back