C&L 4.6 3V Intake

WaldoWorks

WaldoWorks
Reaction score
Hi, The C&L in the image came off my 05 just before the Whipple went on. The car had about 5000 miles on it at that point. Figure $375 + shipping if you're interested. I also have a Diablo tuner and a manual transmission Tri-Ax shifter if your looking for the total package.

View attachment 80953

WaldoWorks

WaldoWorks
Reaction score
Sorry about that. For what it's worth, the Whipple was a major step forward vs any intake maniford or cold air intake. Good luck.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Sorry about that. For what it's worth, the Whipple was a major step forward vs any intake maniford or cold air intake. Good luck.

Oof. Of course a supercharger is a larger power upgrade than a bolt on...
That's a little air filter and tube for almost $400? Yikes.

OP is hunting the elusive metal C&L intake manifold with runners. A sweet upgrade! Keep hunting Joe there's bound to be one out here,

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Unless you have ported heads, a stock intake manifold with deleted CMCVs flows plenty of air. If you haven't already deleted the CMCVs in your existing manifold, I can highly recommend it together with a retune.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
98418C&LIntakeManifold.jpg
I've hunted for 1 of these myself (discontinued) for a long time......very hard to find as most are still being used even now after all these years & others are holding onto them due to their rarity (prized part). I gave up after 8 months of searching & bought a FRPP IM instead.

Good luck OP & I hope you can snag 1!

I also agree w\ Dino as I've ran a direct comparison between an OEM IM w\ CMDP's vs a FRPP IM on same dyno, same engine equip, same tune & same tuner......HP\TQ curves laid over each other so the OEM IM w\ CMDP's is no slouch so I replaced my FRPP IM w\ the OEM IM w\ CMDP's (other reasons not related to dyno results)......but since this particular C&L IM has true 15" long tuned runners all equal length (main reason why I was wanting to get it) I would also assume that this C&L IM would give even better low end TQ gain potential vs either the OEM IM or FRPP IM.

You can thank Edelbrock for this C&L part getting discontinued (copyright claims)..............

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some place in my extensive inventory of saved pictures I have info about the flow of the stock intake manifold compared to the C&L unit. The C&L unit definitely out flows the OEM, but the OEM is no slouch. The OEM flows around 260cfm as I recall. Which is more than any 3V head ported or otherwise that I've seen.

EDIT: Amazingly I found it.

3V Intake Flow.jpg

Last edited:

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Yeah the stock intake manifold with CMCV delete flows 255-260cfm per runner @ 28in H2O depression, while stock unported heads flow 225-235cfm per intake port.
The C&L intake manifold flows 325-330cfm per runner while most 3V CNC ported heads are in the 270-290cfm range per intake port. Therefore the C&L IM far outflows even the CNC ported heads and is way overkill on stock heads.
Here are some links with further info:

https://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/Mustang2006GT/C_L_Intake_Manifold.pdf

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/m...erformance-three-valve-intake-manifold-engine

https://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/Mustang2006GT/C_L_Intake_Manifold_-_Expand_The_Limits.pdf

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back