Can I swap this without having to time?

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
I was changing cams. And somehow (no idea how) the phaser came apart.
55355a15bdae6b3107565ba1ad10c065.jpg

Anyway, being that I can see the letter marking. If I lined it up perfectly with a replacement (or can I fix the current one somehow) I wouldn't have to time it would I? I don't think so being as it would have everything in the same place but I was double checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Yes you can, however...

- The marks you made will work great. Just line up the new and old phaser and put the marks in the same place.

- Where did the small rivets go that held the timing ring onto the phaser? Did they drop into your engine? If so, not good.

- I don't see a wedge tool in the picture. What did you use? If you didn't use anything to lock the timing chain, are you 110% sure the chain didn't slip. It wouldn't take much. In my experience, simply applying upward pressure is NO guarantee it didn't slip.

This is what the tool looks like:

Amazon.com: Ford Engine Timing Chain Locking Wedge - Ford Lincoln or Mercury vehicles with the 3V 4.6L or 5.4L engine: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21CSac-rDhL.@@AMEPARAM@@21CSac-rDhL

Mike

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I cut a water hose and shoved it down into the front cover and wedged the chain when I put Hotrods in my 07GT.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I've got shit up in there, It's tight. Those cables have it very tight.

They fell on the ground, they were pretty bent.

I was 99% postive it would be alright, I was just double checking.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
I cut a water hose and shoved it down into the front cover and wedged the chain when I put Hotrods in my 07GT.

Darren come over, my grandmother lives in LC and is coming over here in a few hours, ride with her haha.:rockit:

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
qhhq dealer wanted 330 bucks for one. Fuck you

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered it from lmr. Was fine for me. Was like 120

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Said Tuesday. But it ships today (so they say) and chart says 2 days. So I am assuming Monday.

Idk. Just gonna get some good skydives in this weekend and get the nerves out haha

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Cars done. I had a p0345 and p0349 code thrown. Car idled poorly when decelerating (just had to find the idle basically, I associated that to relearn). This morning I reconnected the sensor, untwisted it (had 1 twist) and reconnected it and cleared the codes. Nothing came up after it idled for a few hours. Randomly appeared again but now the car idles and drives perfectly fine.

Sensor or alternator? Lol. I know it's timed correctly as it runs like a dream now, just has the codes.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Just hot rods.

I swapped sensors in the banks but haven't had time to go drive it yet.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
That's the plan. Just been a bit busy. Gonna try and get em done today. If somehow I was off a tooth so be it, can't change anything now. Just trying to not think that haha.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back