car acting wierd after BBR tune....need some info

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
So I got my BBr tune today....everything by plan...uploaded it,and tied up the 2 wires on on the BAP like I was told.....the car really has waaay different response than with the KB can tune.....gets up and goes...BUT...when I stop at the light out of gear,the RPM's are runing at 600....and sometomes it skips and they drop to 5 something....where I can hear a slight ping...rattle whatever you call it....then it goes back to 6-650( is that a normal range with their tune)(possible reason the bap is running all the time now).....and also my stereo when off...I can hear a buzzing sound in the speakers like it's shorted somewhere and needs a noice isolator....didn't had that before with the old KB tune....the last thing....when the car is not in gear,just hand brake and running,I can hear lik a tumping sound......pop.........pop........pop.........coming out of the exhaust....really light but I can hear in.....like it has a spark plug missing or needs tune up bad.....like when you have a subwoofer and the one wire is on - and the other one just touching the + on thw sub and it just pops....thats how...( I'm trying to describe it the best I can..I tryed to shoot a video but you cant hear it there...).....so any of you using the BBR tune and expirienced something like that?I'll call Chris BBR on monday but till then I wanna sleep...I dont wanna go :crazy:

Last edited:

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
did you try reloading the KB tune to see if it went away and really is isolated to the BBR tune?

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
yeah... I did it like 3 times....I figured I'll drive it for a day...I load it again tommorow

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
ooh sorry..
no didnt try the kb again...but been driving the car for a year with it....and it wasant like that.....ill try it though

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that's a wiring problem not a tune issue ..... doublecheck all your bap wiring something seems to be grounded out or shorted somewhere

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
if its the tune, you can call them and will fix it for you.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Oh Iwill on monday.....The other thing that I noticed....was when I shut the car of....right before the motor stops completly.....I can hear a ping/grinding....like when you're in 2nd at like 1000rpms and theres not enough gas....like chattering.....didnt had that before......I didn't do nothing other that taking the plugs out of the toggle swith,cuthing the ends,and soldering them together......as far as the BAP goes......I ran the wire all the way in the front....maybe its damaged or something underneath the car......I'll disconect it in the trunk and loop it there where dry....see what happens then......but then,why the low RPMs though......600..????is that normal,who else is runing their tune....whats your rpms,stick car

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
since your car is FI I'm 99% sure they will ask you for some dataloging including AFR.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
if i go back to the KB tune and leave the BAP looped all the time,is tha gonna be bad?

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
since your car is FI I'm 99% sure they will ask you for some dataloging including AFR.
this...

like where will they ask me for AFR...the xcal2?or whoever burned the tune?

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I need to know if I go back to the KB can tune,do I leave the BAP looped or do I have to hook up the the vacuum switch again.....till monday when I talk to Chris.....I don't really think that car should be running at 600rpms and pinging and chatering all the time.....I'll try too hook up the BAP in the trunk just in case the wire is damaged under the car somewhere....but I don't think that that will be it.....

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
cant you just adjust your idle with the tuner? my idle is around 750rpm.600 seems low, i can adjust mine with the xcal 3.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
cant you just adjust your idle with the tuner? my idle is around 750rpm.600 seems low, i can adjust mine with the xcal 3.
I dont know....its a xcal 2.....I never really used one other than the hypertech that KB send me...can I do dtaht with the x2?

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
ill try it tommorow......but the question is.....is that really it?

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that doesnt sound like a tune problem, check your idle rpms on your tuner and set them up for 900 or 1000 dont know what you like. and that sound you hear may be a short do u have a wideband ? if some make sure your ground or power source aren't coming from the radio.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
ill try it tommorow......but the question is.....is that really it?

Well thats an answer that you can figure it out very easily, just click on load tune, select the tune you got from BBR, then there will be a question that says "adjust optional parameters" you click on select and go to Idle and then save it, the tune will load with the new changes.

That if they dont have it locked ofcourse.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I'll try to adjust the iddling tommorow see what happens....and if something happens to the motor.....oh well....my february built,will start in october...LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back