Car off Amperage Draw

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
Have an amperage leak on my car that I have begun to identify, it's currently sitting at 1.3 amps with the car off, nothing on. I have no radio or a/c in this car. I found fuse 16 in BEC is drawing about 1 amp of that. I just need to know how much current draw i should be seeing when the car is off. I still have the passenger compartment to go through tomorrow.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did the car have a Shaker system OEM? did you remove it all if so, not just the radio, amps etc?

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
To be honest, I couldn't tell you if it had a Shaker in it or not, the guy I bought the car from originally had swapped all the electronics out for a trunk mounted Rockford Fosgate system. I pulled the equipment out after the cap went bad.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
IIRC 0.15A is about where mine settles after all modules go to "sleep".

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I couldn't tell you if it had a Shaker in it or not, the guy I bought the car from originally had swapped all the electronics out for a trunk mounted Rockford Fosgate system. I pulled the equipment out after the cap went bad.
you could check by VIN what the OEM spec was. or check out the service manual for where the amps are to take a look

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
Well it does have a Shaker system, didn't know that and they are disconnected now, so that has partially fixed some of the amp draw, but as soon as that starts to get fixed, the car decides to throw a litany of dtc's and activating limp mode. So now i have to figure out why it's throwing running lean codes on the driver side, specifically cylinder #5.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back