Ceramic coating headers worth it ?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Op my turbo headers are mild steel, Jet Hot coated and wrapped with Header wrap. It keeps the heat down fairly well and the ceramic coating is a must for mild steel, not so much for SS.

Earl

YoungBlood

forum member
Reaction score
Mine are ceramic coated, they still look great even with the road salt and stuff around here. Mine are mild steel though, if I was going stainless I probably wouldn't have bothered, just because of the extra cost.

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
:nana2::laughlots:

To the OP, ceramic coat and then use header wrap. That should do the trick to keep the heat down.

I tried that header wrap once. What a MF to put on. And I know I said Im not concerned about looks as much as practicality, but I draw the line at that ugly header wrap lol.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Pain in the ass? Absolutely. But like retfr8flyr said, it doesn't have to look bad.

ygygype9.jpg

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
I contacted American Racing Headers and they told me that the only coating worth using for under hood heat reduction with their headers is Swain Tech. Any comments ?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I contacted American Racing Headers and they told me that the only coating worth using for under hood heat reduction with their headers is Swain Tech. Any comments ?

It works. Used it and like it.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

Brian mentioned that back in post #8!!

You reading the replies or just looking at the picktures???? LOL!!!:hammer:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Post some more pictures.lol

On this car I am using it on the hotside turbo piping. Here is a good pic showing what it looks like applied. It only comes in white. You can color ceramic coat over it. Go to swaintech for the technical on why this is the best.

DSCN0391_zps236fb7f3.jpg

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
I want to add it depends on the environment too. I never coated headers until I moved to Phoenix. When it is 120F and plastic is melting under the hood, coating works great. In Utah when it only got to 100F I never bothered.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back