Changing wheel sizes....?

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, my black saleens and tires should be arriving soon and I am curious to know what differences I will feel if any from the wheel change. Currently I have 255/35/20's all around and my new setup will be 275/35/18 in the back and 255/35/18 up front. From what ive read, alot of guys that stepped up to 20's said they felt a slight loss in power because of the larger rim size. I cant really verify that because I threw on my 20's 4 days after I bought the car and never really got a good feel for the cars power in those 4 days. So, my questions is. Will I notice any difference in power at all? Is it possible that I could see a slight increase in MPG stepping down in wheel size? Thanks in advance, Nick

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I doubt you will feel much power difference, but there should be a little if the 18s weigh less. As for MPGs, well, that is all going to depend on the difference in revs per mile between the two setups. How many revolutions per mile do your current tires make, how many will the new ones make?

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i suppose in theory it would hurt, but i doubt in reality you'll notice much difference. the percentage of change isn't all that much. you could possibly feel a little performance increase with the smaller tire, like changing a gear size maybe, it's only about a 5.6% change

it would be like going from a 3.55 to a 3.73 gear, which is about a 5% change...if i figured correctly

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back