Charge Motion Delete Tuning Issue

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just installed charge motion delete plugs today on my '09 GT and programmed the vehicle using an updated tune from Brenspeed (who I bought the plugs from and did my previous tunes).

Upon starting the car post-install and tune I am getting the following DTC codes:

P0600
P2104
P2105
P2111
U0300

I left the charge motion actuator on the intake manifold and initially left it unplugged. After throwing all of the codes I thought, perhaps, the ECU still wants to see that actuator attached so I plugged it back in and cleared the codes - no change. The vehicle is in 'forced idle' mode and I barely got it back up into my garage.

Sounds to me like Brenspeed F'd up the tune or forgot to make the delete change but i'm also open to me having screwed something up. Anyone ever see this?

Thanks,
Austin

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Sounds like the tune isn't accounting for it, it's not a huge change get on the phone with them.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a tune issue. If it's not a tune issue it sounds like a bad PCM or TB electronics. But it is most likely a tune issue. maybe wrong strategy code or something simple like that. What did Brenspeed say? I'm assuming you talked to them first.

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Called Brenspeed but they are closed today since it is Saturday - just left a message.

On the throttle body - I definitely should have mentioned that when I had the intake pulled off I went ahead and stripped the electronics off my throttle body, taped everything up, sanded it and painted it to make it look better. Entirely possible that I f'd something up on the TB when reassembling but it didn't seem that there was much that could go wrong. I will take it back apart though to check that I didn't just collapse the spring in the wrong location or something stupid.

Thanks,
Austin

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
07 Boss you nailed it! I took apart the throttle body and the return spring wasn't seated so it wasn't providing any 'spring' return on the butterfly. That was my bad, I didn't realize you could pop the side cap on the plastic housing where that spring sits to get it lined up correctly and had tried to just get it aligned while twisting it. I never check the butterflys by hand to see if they had any return or not - they didn't. Popped out the plug, turned the spring counter clockwise to get it lined up in the grooves, put back together, fired her up and boom! Seems to be back in business - at least no error codes for the moment!

Thanks for the helpful suggestions guys!

Austin

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back