Chevykiller Reloaded

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You know... that's not only extremely funny, but it's also probable as well...:LMAO:

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was there when they came in Mark. Greg thought Precision forgot about them :idea:

I just came back from my 2 week vacation and saw how his is coming along. If yours looks anything like his you will be set :thumb:
045-1.jpg

wow that looks really clean and simple. is that intake manifold custom from scratch. looks nice

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I scrapped the stock intake idea after talking with some guys.

I'm pleased to announce JPC is now part of the chevykiller build!!!:clap:

Big thanks to Justin for all his help!!:beer:

JPC is building me a reverse mount intake similar to this...

View attachment 6224

It put me out a few more weeks but it is best to get this done right the first time. Once again, big thanks to Justin and JPC for being so helpful with me and this build...:beer:

Last edited:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I scrapped the stock intake idea after talking with some guys.

I'm pleased to announce JPC is now part of the chevykiller build!!!:clap:

Big thanks to Justin for all his help!!:beer:

JPC is building me a reverse mount intake similar to this...

View attachment 6224

It put me out a few more weeks but it is best to get this done right the first time. Once again, big thanks to Justin and JPC for being so helpful with me and this build...:beer:

I still don't see how a reverse intake is going to fit!?!?!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Patience grasshopper - you shall see...:idea:

It will fit bad ass and the car is going to look more show-worthy than ever...:evillaugh:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sure...

It's a matter of efficiency. My air to water innercooler is being put in the back footwell portion of the passenger side area. The firewall is cut and fabbed so that the cooler is about 2/3 in the car and about 1/3 out the firewall.

Having the reverse style intake puts the TB right there. Just tons more efficient as it's just a quick 90 shot right to the intake versus running all the piping from the front of the car all over the place to get the air into the motor.

Under Greg's design, once the air leaves the cooler, it is only going to travel less than a 1' before it's passing through the TB.

If you have ever seen a car with a big cooler in the passenger area - it is 99% of the time exactly like this for the same reason.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Update - trans is done so now everything is in ready mode. I'll be in limbo for the next few weeks till Livernois finishes the heads and JPC finishes the intake and then things will move quickly. Hurry up and wait all over again...:angry1:

I have seen a lot of intake threads and I have been on the sidelines looking into them ever since I decided do this build and I have to say, the JPC intake is the the best one BY FAR I have seen yet. Justin does a great job flow rating every single intake runner. They use 8 sensors in each runner when creating these things and he has been working on them for the last 2 years. He says he should have them available for public within a month...:leghump:

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use Greg at RET...:leghump:

Greg is shouldering the bulk of the work on this build but I have some awesome people in my corner on this project. Modular Depot, Justin Burcham (JPC), Mike Schropp & Andy (Livernois), BMR, and a few others - they are all helping out with this build and I am very excited and pleased to have such awesome and skilled people all helping me to see this thing through.

People like Justin Burcham, Modular Depot, and Mike Schropp are not only building 1-off parts for me - they are actually in the build giving input and help before, during, and after it. It's actually really neat to see some of the best guys in the business all working together to help me build this car and it has nothing to do with me personally - all of these guys just love the community and want to see another bad ass car out there getting attention. All of these guys would do the same for anyone on this board - I'm sure...:beer:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Update - trans is done so now everything is in ready mode. I'll be in limbo for the next few weeks till Livernois finishes the heads and JPC finishes the intake and then things will move quickly. Hurry up and wait all over again...:angry1:

I have seen a lot of intake threads and I have been on the sidelines looking into them ever since I decided do this build and I have to say, the JPC intake is the the best one BY FAR I have seen yet. Justin does a great job flow rating every single intake runner. They use 8 sensors in each runner when creating these things and he has been working on them for the last 2 years. He says he should have them available for public within a month...:leghump:
any pics of what they look like?

Injected S197

forum member
Reaction score
:clap: Greg tunes my car also! Zero issues and spraying on the street all the time. I still have the same spark plugs in the car he put in over 6mo. ago before tuning it.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark, you need a brake set-up like the one Greg's is putting on his car, we are installing it on his TT car now.

038-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The only problem is getting Aerospace to do the brackets for dual calipers on an S197 application. They don't really want to do it. I'm going to stay on their ass about it though.

Or I'll just put a damn 9" in the car and order an off-the-shelf setup they have.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back