Clunk in the rear after lowering

stang_gang

forum member
Reaction score
I don’t hear the clunk anymore I just installed a j&m UCA so maybe that’s where the clunk was? Idk but the whine is still here and I’m now just gonna accept that I can’t do anything about it lol. It’s the mounts. Oh well time to get a exhaust I guess :)

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
the clunk on my car would go away for a day or so whenever I lifted it off the ground. Jack stands, my lift, etc. I got tired of throwing parts at it like someone else said above and just deal with it. The only time I do hear it is when going down my driveway and private road, but they're bumpy and very uneven, I can live with it.

I replaced my front sway bar end links on Monday and it got rid of a lot of the noises I was hearing. I could of sworn a lot of the sounds were coming from the rear, but alas, this has fixed it. Sounds can travel and seem like they're coming from somewhere else. Just food for thought.

I hope the UCA fixed it for you!

stang_gang

forum member
Reaction score
the clunk on my car would go away for a day or so whenever I lifted it off the ground. Jack stands, my lift, etc. I got tired of throwing parts at it like someone else said above and just deal with it. The only time I do hear it is when going down my driveway and private road, but they're bumpy and very uneven, I can live with it.

I replaced my front sway bar end links on Monday and it got rid of a lot of the noises I was hearing. I could of sworn a lot of the sounds were coming from the rear, but alas, this has fixed it. Sounds can travel and seem like they're coming from somewhere else. Just food for thought.

I hope the UCA fixed it for you!
I think it did and it made the gear noise less noticeable. It was a bitch to install though on jack stands.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I thought I saw a BMR install video for the 05-09 UCA where they referenced that you could use the 11-14 set, but that you had to go to Ford and purchase a different bolt? I also think, but can't remember, the benefit was less noise transmitting through the 11-14 model. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong . . .

Yes you can, with correct bolt setup. The 11-14 UCA in poly version is a helluva lot bigger diam than the poly on the 05-10 version. Somebody posted a pix of the 2 side by side, huge difference. But either way, get the adjustable version.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Yes you can, with correct bolt setup. The 11-14 UCA in poly version is a helluva lot bigger diam than the poly on the 05-10 version. Somebody posted a pix of the 2 side by side, huge difference. But either way, get the adjustable version.

Might be a rookie question (which I am, with suspensions) ..... Is there any reason to have both the UCA and the LCAs adjustable? I was under the impression that either could be used to adjust pinion.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Might be a rookie question (which I am, with suspensions) ..... Is there any reason to have both the UCA and the LCAs adjustable? I was under the impression that either could be used to adjust pinion.

I use fixed length HD BMR boxed type poly/poly LCA's. My BMR UCA is fully adjustable. Sure, you could adjust the pinion angle with adjustable LCA's... but they have to end up being equal length...pita. It's just easier to use fixed length LCA's...then the adjustable uca. Then you only have the uca to tweak.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
I use fixed length HD BMR boxed type poly/poly LCA's. My BMR UCA is fully adjustable. Sure, you could adjust the pinion angle with adjustable LCA's... but they have to end up being equal length...pita. It's just easier to use fixed length LCA's...then the adjustable uca. Then you only have the uca to tweak.

Does having adjustable LCAs get you anything that an adjustable UCA doesn’t?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back