Clutch pedal

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
I had my first episode of mushy clutch today. I made a second gear pull to about 7000 and let out. Clutch was soft for a few seconds afterwards. I was not shifting just wot pull in 2nd to see what timing advance was doing. What causes the fluid to boil? I searched and it seems fluid boil can cause this issue. I only drove about 5 miles to get to operating temperature before going WOT. Brakes should have still been cool. Iat2 was still cool and it pulled hard.
13 with stage 1 roush sc with a vmp tune and little over 500rwhp.

13 GT Roush TVS

Last edited:

LRS197

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same problem repeatedly while autoxing. If you google on the issue the fixes seem to be a) replace the clutch line with braided steel line, b) remove a helper spring that makes the clutch pedal easier to engage or c) replace the pressure plate / clutch. I replaced the clutch line with a braided steel and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'm still not real clear what is the cause. I don't think heat was it. Its happens under sustained high RPM. Curious if others have a more clear explanation of the cause.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
The cause is the crappy factory clutch. Since installing my CJ Intake, everytime I wind it out past 7K, the clutch will stick after the shift. Replacing with ANY aftermarket clutch is the solution. I tried the MGW, Blowfish bracket, SS Clutch line... Same problem. I am going with a SPEC Stage 2+ with lightened steel flywheel.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back