Cobra Jet drag springs

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Did the premium gts and regular gts have different hight springs? B/c I swear when I had stock wheels and tires on my car it was lower than base model gt's(mine is a premium) So, basically If I want close to a 1" drop the cj springs arent going to do it for me.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Did the premium gts and regular gts have different hight springs? B/c I swear when I had stock wheels and tires on my car it was lower than base model gt's(mine is a premium) So, basically If I want close to a 1" drop the cj springs arent going to do it for me.

That's my understanding after reading everyones post on this thread.

hector6173

Reaction score
v-6 vs gt springs

just wanted to know if any one knew if putting v6 springs on my 07 gt would give a softer ride. Or would this throw the geometry of the car off?:dunce:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
So I just read through all the pages and posts. I'm wondering how many who installed light blue tagged rear springs went back to dark blue (V6, Bullitt, CJ vs stock)?

Windveil Blue

forum member
Reaction score
So then the Bullitt has the Cobra Jet Drag springs from the factory then? Bullitt rear springs and Premium GT front springs?

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
So then the Bullitt has the Cobra Jet Drag springs from the factory then? Bullitt rear springs and Premium GT front springs?

Yes.

The CJ front springs have the same part number as my stock GT premiums. The CJ rear springs have the same part number as my friends rear Bullitt springs.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So if I have read this thread correctly, if I install the light blue tagged - "AC" Bullitt rear coil springs, my 2005 Premium package car will the same springs all around as a CJ? Would these springs lower the rear of car at all?

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
So if I have read this thread correctly, if I install the light blue tagged - "AC" Bullitt rear coil springs, my 2005 Premium package car will the same springs all around as a CJ? Would these springs lower the rear of car at all?

The rear springs will lower the back .5"-.75"

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's perfect because I plan to run a 28", 275/60R15 drag radials and with 26" Mickey Thompson's on the front it will keep the front to rear rake from being out of hand.

Windveil Blue

forum member
Reaction score
I installed the rears only last night and it leveled the car out. It dropped the rear about what Marc s said.

The part numbers on the front are the same as the Premium GT ones that are in my car. I also installed a CHE axle brace at the same time. When taking it out for a test run the car does have a little more body roll in the rear but the rear does squat nice when launching the car. Feels good. Just a little more bounce and roll.. not really too noticable. The ride is a little more comfortable actually. lol. If the Bullitt rolls on this setup stock so it can't be to bad. :)

I also have the UCA and lowers done as well as phb and sway upgraded too. 4.30 gears. Automatic.

Happy camper for 70 bucks shipped.

Last edited:

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
ordered my cj drag springs today i plan to only install the rears only since I have a GT Premium and my stock front springs should be the same as CJ front.
I also ordered a set of Comp Engineering 3 way adj rear shocks ratio's > 30/70, 40/60 and 50/50 139 ish a set, hopefully they will complement the CJ springs I ordered the shocks from MMR they are suppose to come with a adaptor to fit our 05 up cars they also offer the Lakewood 50/50 rear drag shock for 119 ish with adaptor to fit our cars.

link comp eng: http://modularmustangracing.com.tempwebsite.net/cartgenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=47&cid=1

QA1's are high for rear shocks only so figure it cant hurt to try these for the price, I dont think i went wrong?
I have heard of good results from lakewood 50/50's but figure it would be nice to be able to adjust for street.

Last edited:

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ordered my cj drag springs today i plan to only install the rears only since I have a GT Premium and my stock front springs should be the same as CJ front.
I also ordered a set of Comp Engineering 3 way adj rear shocks ratio's > 30/70, 40/60 and 50/50 139 ish a set, hopefully they will complement the CJ springs I ordered the shocks from MMR they are suppose to come with a adaptor to fit our 05 up cars they also offer the Lakewood 50/50 rear drag shock for 119 ish with adaptor to fit our cars.

link comp eng: http://modularmustangracing.com.tempwebsite.net/cartgenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=47&cid=1

QA1's are high for rear shocks only so figure it cant hurt to try these for the price, I dont think i went wrong?
I have heard of good results from lakewood 50/50's but figure it would be nice to be able to adjust for street.

Very interested in how these work for you.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I just went with rear anti-roll and 3.73's s i will run with stock shocks and cobra jet springs then put the competition 3 ways on we will see what happens i won't be surprised if the stock ones work just as well but who knows until proven

Windveil Blue

forum member
Reaction score
yeah keep us posted on that shock setup. i was looking at the qa1's but i am on the fence. the 3 way adj. might be the ticket.

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
I read through most of this thread and seen a lot of comparing this spring to that one. Has anyone checked their pinion angle and if so did it change much?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there anybody here that sells the AC rear spring set? Or do we have a vendor that I can go too? What's the current cost?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Anybody? I'd like to get a set of these AC springs, but don't have any idea the cost.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back