doogie

forum member
Reaction score
That is correct...

CJ on the left and stocker on the right

06iornhorse

forum member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a pick of their car with the front and rear installed or has anyone even installed the front. I just wonder if it will make the car sit higher in the front due to the fact we have a lighter engine than the CJ.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a side shot of mine... but the fronts are still stock. I am still undecided on whether I will swap the fronts. I may just wait to see how the rears work and then try with both installed.

Foosehood_outside4.jpg

Along with a comparison with the Roush rears installed
mirrors007.jpg

Last edited:

06iornhorse

forum member
Reaction score
thanks, so the springs in the front are stock and not the roush springs. Looks like you are having some nice Christmas weather.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, with more coming tomorrow and Christmas Day. I plowed twice yesterday and once this morning. Makes me really appreciate the heater getting installed in the garage as I was actually breaking a sweat this morning while swapping the springs!

06iornhorse

forum member
Reaction score
hell it is almost 70 degrees here and sunny I would kill for some winter weather. thanks again for the pics if you decide to swap the front please post up another pick. I am at the track every weekend so if the front will help with weight transfer even more I would like to do it but not if it makes the front look like I could go offroad.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess you have a spring compressor if you did the swap yourself?

I plan on swapping the rears myself and paying someone to do the fronts...I was quoted $60 for the fronts and $40 for the rears...

I had an alignement done when I had the UPR's installed 3 weeks ago, if I install the CJ's do you think I need to have another alignment done?

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
You don't need a spring compressor but it helps. Looong after I did 3 S197s (in one day) I found a video on Horse Power TV where they lowered a GT without a spring compressor. What they did was used a jack to put the springs under pressure, removed the shock and slowly let the jack out until the spring was fully extended. That was WAY quicker than using the manual spring compressor I got at Sears.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm..I will have to look at that...thanks! There is something to be said about dropping it off and picking it up and being done, LOL!

Coool

Reaction score
Hey Doogie can you give us your impression between the Roush and the CJ rears.
Did you notice any ride difference ?
Thanks.

Here's a side shot of mine... but the fronts are still stock. I am still undecided on whether I will swap the fronts. I may just wait to see how the rears work and then try with both installed.

Foosehood_outside4.jpg

Along with a comparison with the Roush rears installed
mirrors007.jpg

Last edited:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Doggie can you give us your impression between the Roush and the CJ rears.
Did you notice any ride difference ?
Thanks.

If you can wait until April when all this white stuff melts, I can give you a full comparison:roflmao:

As I just installed them this morning.

Uh oh.... he hates it when you call him "Doggie".

:popcorn:

I have been called worse!

But since that is only my "screen name", I took no offense!

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Well it's May... So what's your opinion?

I only drove it a couple times with the CJs before swapping the stock rear shocks for Koni Sports and I am still messing around with the settings to give it the best ride. But overall, not too much difference from the Roush's... if anything, it is a little smoother (maybe a bit more bounce since these are softer).

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
so how much lower will the car ride if you swap a full set of cj springs in for stock ones? I really want to lower my car, but I dont want to lower any more than an inch in the front if that.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so how much lower will the car ride if you swap a full set of cj springs in for stock ones? I really want to lower my car, but I dont want to lower any more than an inch in the front if that.

About 1/4" lower. I base that on lowering my car with Steeda Ultralites which brought it down about 1/2" and when I swap the CJ springs for raising, they bring the car up about 1/4". Pretty scientific huh?:idea:

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score

I believe if you look at page 12 and 13 of this thread, it was determined the the front CJ spring is the same part number as the GT premium spring. The rear CJ spring is the same part number as the Bullitt spring.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back