Cobra Jet drag springs

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$70 for 4 springs is a good deal and if they help with the launch all the better but yes, they seem to be the flavor of the month!

There was a long discussion on whether or not the CJ springs are the same as the V6 springs or were they Bullit springs, it was so long I went cross eyed reading it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought about that but then what do I do with 2 CJ front springs and 2 UPR rear springs? I should have purchased the CJ's in the first place but...that's why I decided to install the CJ's and sell the UPR's...too bad someone doesn't just sell the CJ rears!

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
I thought about that but then what do I do with 2 CJ front springs and 2 UPR rear springs? I should have purchased the CJ's in the first place but...that's why I decided to install the CJ's and sell the UPR's...too bad someone doesn't just sell the CJ rears!
true but for what the CJ's cost it's no big deal.or test drive a 6 banger and pull the old switch-a-rooney.lol

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
true but for what the CJ's cost it's no big deal.or test drive a 6 banger and pull the old switch-a-rooney.lol
rent a v6 stang. 20 bucks per day. BAM $20 for springs! and you gave them an "upgrade" lol

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Received my CJ springs today, wow, I ordered them from Mustard yesterday and they arrived today! Part number on the box is M-5300-Q, spring number on the rear ones are SFF(yellow tag) 6R33-5310-FA E29EJ. Front spring number: SAR (light blue tag) 9R33-5560-AA E29EJ.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
FYI... you have those numbers reversed as the fronts are the yellow tag.

But nice to the numbers match mine exactly!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oops! Good catch! Do you have the CJ's or the V6 springs? Wonder how it would ride/look if I left the UPR's in the front and the CJ's in the back?

My concern would be at the track the weight transfer of having the UPR's in the front and the CJ's on the back...what do you think-would it be better if all 4 were of the same manufacturer?

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I have the CJs, but not installed yet. I am still debating on just installing them out back or both, but my fronts are still stock.

Tom

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have another set in stock if anyone is interested. Shoot me a Pm

Thanks guys

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mustard had the best pricing I could find anywhere, bought them yesterday and they were delivered today, great guy to do business with!

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
As another reference point, here's a side by side comparison between stockers, CJs, and Roush. I just swapped out the Roush's this morning with the CJs and my new ride height is not that bad looking. Granted, not as low as the Roush's, but still lower than stock. I know it will settle a little once I drive it in the spring, but as of now both sides measure ~28.5 in to the fender lip. Mine might actually sit a bit lower than a coupe given the extra weight of the ragtop. And since I want to run 28in DRs, that should make it look about right along with having a little rake.

Springcomparison.jpg

Last edited:

Tom

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats a great pic. Thats helpful for all who are interested. Thanks Doogie

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It may be stupid but...I assume the spring to the left is the CJ, blue is Roush and the one to the right is stock?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back