Coolant Boiling out of overflow

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
I am surprised people continue to service their cooling system without a vacuum fill...

These cars are not designed as the old school motors where you just fill it and let her warm up and add till full. You need to vacuum fill the late model cooling systems.
all you need is to top off the tank, take an empty antifreeze jug, flip it and put it in the hole and pressurizethe system while running the engine. its a PITA and takes a while but it works. next time OP, just feel your top and bottom hoses. when water is circulating and all air is purged enough to flow, they will feel within 10 degrees temp of one another. if you dont get that, then you still have air keeping the thermostat closed because air is compressible, fluid is not

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I've done my coolant once or twice and i just take the cap off the driver side and fill there till water starts spilling out. I pour slowly so that the coolant level rises and pushes any air out. Then I just top off the over flow tank. Never had an issue. Glad to see you got it figured out RJ.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back