Cooling system?

J2L06GT

forum member
Reaction score
If you have the old octopus style that hangs on hose infront of engine,
the t-stat spring will be up, pointed to hose that goes to top of
engine.

If you have the newer style with only one hose and t-stat in crossover
tube, the spring will be down into crossover.

Justinsmt88

forum member
Reaction score
Just replaced the radiator and water pump today and its still doing it. Fine at idle but overheats under load. I'm afraid it's a head gasket.

J2L06GT

forum member
Reaction score
How does the inside of the pump look, does it look like they tried
to run sealer thru it to fix a problem. Do you know the history of
motor or was it from salvage yard.

Justinsmt88

forum member
Reaction score
I just put a brand new pump in it. But the engine was bought from a salvage yard came out of a wrecked 07 gt with 32 k miles. It runs strong no spits sputters or anything. No cels or anything. Don't loose power in higher rpms, no Coolant in the oil, no oil or coolant coming out of the exhaust. But the only thing left that could cause overheating while driving is combustion gasses forcing their way into the cooling chambers.

Justinsmt88

forum member
Reaction score
Every time it gets hot and we shut it off we open the bleeder valve and there is a shit ton of pressure that come out of it. That bubbles a little while running but nothing in the reservoir.

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Every time it gets hot and we shut it off we open the bleeder valve and there is a shit ton of pressure that come out of it. That bubbles a little while running but nothing in the reservoir.

You are right, its your head gasket, if it bubbles while idling that means there is air escaping from your combustion chamber

DRock

Reaction score
Start the car.....turn on the heater/defroster on full blast and full warm. Leave the coolant tank cap off. Start the car and bring it up to normal operating temp with the heater/defroster on full blast and cap off.

Put the cap back on and go for a drive. Air lives to get caught in the heater core and cause trouble. That is how you bleed it out.

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Start the car.....turn on the heater/defroster on full blast and full warm. Leave the coolant tank cap off. Start the car and bring it up to normal operating temp with the heater/defroster on full blast and cap off.

Put the cap back on and go for a drive. Air lives to get caught in the heater core and cause trouble. That is how you bleed it out.

Try this first^^^^

The other thing I have done. With the engine off and cold. Leave the cap off the expansion tank, take the top radiator hose off at the engine, slowly fill the hose going to the radiator until the coolant starts coming out the engine side and put the hose back on.

If only one side or just the bottom of your radiator is getting warm then there is still air in the system.

Justinsmt88

forum member
Reaction score

We've attempted this multiple times with no luck. :/ I have the 06 style hose set up currently I'm going to convert it to the 07 style and see if I have any better luck with it. I already have the manifold just need the two hoses .

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back