Coyote 5.0

808svt

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious what kind of hp these motor will safely handle stock.

Last edited:

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
its been covered before. Everyone will have a different answer. Most will say 600-650 with a good tune.

808svt

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you Kyle. I'm sure its been covered but I'm new to the 5.0 world. I know a few of the guys that post here so I thought it would be a good place to get some easy info.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
ZYlxS.jpg

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I posted this here because I know that you know much more about these motors than I do. I had no idea you would be an ass about it.

An ass? Really Brian? You have been here way too long to know how to use the search fucntion...and if I were being an ass I would have said:

SEARCH MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Do you not know how to use the search fucntion???

How many times has this topic been covered????

Here we go again!

I did not say any of that, nor did anyone else.....it sounds like you need a thicker skin.

With all of that said, agree with what was posted above that 650 seems to be a good number but as with everything the tune is the crucial piece.

808svt

forum member
Reaction score
I have some pretty thick skin, can't survive as long as I did in the military and not. And thanks for confirming the hp amount. Have a nice life Greg.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Well Al ran a few passes at around 800. Sean's car is over 700 and a few others have peaked into the 7's. Safewise I wouldn't go over about 6-650 wheel to try to make it live. If you can hook with that much power your going to be a quick 10s car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back