Coyote POWA

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Haven't been around in awhile and stopped by to list my exhaust for sale. Just been really busy. Thought I would leave you guys with this.

IMAG0105.jpg

Hope to have it fired up in the next couple weeks.

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Novice question on the twin turbos:

Having two turbos like that, are they the same size or is one smaller than the other? I know some manufacturers use different size impellers to reduce turbo lag (ie. smaller one spools up quicker, gives low end boost and then the larger one supplies the top end boost) for smoother operation.

If they are not different sizes, what are the benefits to running two turbos as opposed to plumbing the exhaust feeding into one turbo? (More boost? Better flow? Two don't have to work as hard a single to supply the same boost?)

Thanks for giving me some insight. And regardless of the answers, that is a SICK set up!!!! :evillaugh:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My lord!

That's gonna be mean as hell!

Sub'd!

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
More pics please...

I'll post some pics as we progress. Probably more updates next week.

Yea, more info. please!

Looks like a great setup!

It's a twin turbo. ;) Other details will be revealed as we post the pics. The car is registered for the Texas Mile but not sure we will make that timewise.

I hope thats not a stock engine..haha

Of course it is!
Novice question on the twin turbos:

Having two turbos like that, are they the same size or is one smaller than the other? I know some manufacturers use different size impellers to reduce turbo lag (ie. smaller one spools up quicker, gives low end boost and then the larger one supplies the top end boost) for smoother operation.

If they are not different sizes, what are the benefits to running two turbos as opposed to plumbing the exhaust feeding into one turbo? (More boost? Better flow? Two don't have to work as hard a single to supply the same boost?)

Thanks for giving me some insight. And regardless of the answers, that is a SICK set up!!!! :evillaugh:

same size. what you are talking about is a compound boost setup.

Not trying to be cryptic, but there is a good reason we went twins and I'll be showing that in the pictures later. There are lots of debates of twins vs. a single which all still apply. But we specifically went twins on the Coyote for a good reason.

Besides just the special requirements of the Coyote, the main benefit is we can design a kit like a real turbo kit should be. With the turbo as close the exhaust ports as possible. I don't know about you, but I don't want 10 extra feet of exhaust pipe on my car if I don't need it.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
So forward facing headers..eh?

This should be amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. We have put a ton of thought and research into this setup. There have been many different attempts before we wound up here and we are very excited at what we wound up with.

There are some other details that we haven't not actually gotten to that point yet. So I don't want to discuss them before we make it work. Like I said, trying for the Texas Mile which is in 2 weeks. So we should at least have it running by then.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Nice work Ken. Does the owner have plans for drag racing with this setup?

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
Damn I may just have to try to make this texas mile event if this is going...I understand what your saying good luck man I hate time crunches!

The Texas Mile in a cpl weeks is in Beeville correct? or are they all there now and no longer in Goliad?

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Nice work Ken. Does the owner have plans for drag racing with this setup?

Not before I do :) We will be doing all sorts of neat things with this. The goal is an all around performer. That is why we are going to the mile. This car will do 1/4, mile and maybe even some road course stuff. Our goal is to end up with a car that Ford may have released.

Damn I may just have to try to make this texas mile event if this is going...I understand what your saying good luck man I hate time crunches!

The Texas Mile in a cpl weeks is in Beeville correct? or are they all there now and no longer in Goliad?

Yes it's in Beeville. I'd say 50% chance we will be there. Well, we will be there with this:

IMAG0030.jpg

either way. Just not sure if the stang will be done.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Ken, I always knew you loved "twins", lol.

For all I've read that will work just perfect.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back