Coyote Swap pinout

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
I know there are several threads on here about a 5.0 into a 05-09 but the big missing piece is for those using a factory take out harness what needs to be repined from the 08 Harness to connect to the 5.0?
I'm using all 11+ wiring, accessories and Epass so there is no need for weird bracket setups and to be able to just order factory parts from the parts store.
This will also eliminate the need for goofy sensor issues with the AC and splicing into the harness.

Any pictures and diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
If you are usimg the 11 harness, what are you repinning??

99% of the repinning I did was the C175B connector. I used the coyote engine and battery harness only. Everything else from the C175B connector to the car is what came with the car.
To do this, you need both, 05-09 and 11-14 wiring diagrams and just work one wire at a.time. About ~60 circuits in all.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
"If you are using the 11 harness, what are you repinning?? " That is what I'm asking. I'm keeping the 08 inside cluster and dash harness and using the Coyote engine, tranny and computer harness.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
99% of the repinning I did was the C175B connector. I used the coyote engine and battery harness only. Everything else from the C175B connector to the car is what came with the car.
To do this, you need both, 05-09 and 11-14 wiring diagrams and just work one wire at a.time. About ~60 circuits in all.

The other 1% is a handful of circuits that you have to add/make work.
I have 3 circuits I brought out of the cabin and out to the c175b connector.
AC and reverse lights. Reverse lights are not going to work without hard wiring them, and I used LED backup light bulbs to minimize draw.
Had to add two key on circuits (vct and O2 heater) the fuses were there on mine, just no wire attached on the back of the BEC. Again, I did ONE wire/circuit at a time, and made sure I was correct before moving on.

Since you are using the 08 cluster, how are you going to deal with PATS?
Do you need to be emission compliant?

The PCM has 3 plugs, one for the engine (c175e), one for the trans (c175t), and one to the body, that is where you will be repinning, c175b.

Last edited:

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
The PCM has 3 plugs, one for the engine (c175e), one for the trans (c175t), and one to the body, that is where you will be repinning, c175b.
THANK YOU!!! all that just clicked! Rang the bell. So no emissions, Pats I'm trying to figure out. I may buy the forscan or something to delete it if my tuner can not. I just refuse to pay someone $250 just for that... Any chance you have the diagrams handy?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I have bad news for ya on the PATS delete. Most vendors that did PATS deletes no longer offer the service.

Did you buy a pcm yet? or an X4 tuner? You can run the Ford Crate_6 calibration. Crate_6 is the calibration in the control pack Ford has to retrofit a coyote into anything. But it wont run right without tuning it. Its setup for return style fuel system for one, but with SCT you can change the fuel pump stuff back to returnless. And a whole bunch of other parameters to make it run right.

I got a buddy that works for Ford. I had him print the wiring diagrams for me for 05-09 and 11-14. There is an online version somewhere, not sure how to find it.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 stock ECU and a SCT 3 tuner. I have been working with JMSchip.com but have not spoken to them about that part yet. Waiting for a call back. Monty has been on the Dyno for a project and I lost Chris Johnsons cell.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 stock ECU and a SCT 3 tuner. I have been working with JMSchip.com but have not spoken to them about that part yet. Waiting for a call back. Monty has been on the Dyno for a project and I lost Chris Johnsons cell.
So I have searched for a tuner for 2+ years to make my car run right. Full power was great from the start, idle and drivability sucked. (Im super picky about drivability lol) Ita a stock engine so drivability should be as good as stock. I ended up buying the SCT PRP software (best christmas present ever!) In about 2 months of logging/tuning I was able to conquer all my drivability and idle issues. But I have been tuning engines for a very long time.

Where are you located?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back