Crank no start only when hot: fuel related?

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Trying to keep this updated. Issues persist, starts and runs great after it’s sat a day. If I leave it for an hour or less it’s questionable and embarrassing. Most recently it shuttered and cranked for 5-6 seconds and fired off, and hesitated on idle.

Note: I did have those two stuck rich codes. Both banks. Just once, cleared and gone for now.

I’m back on Leaky Injectors. Is there any way to tell if I have them? My test plan: run car, shut it off hot. Wait half hour or so. Unplug every injector to remove power and ensure the solenoids don’t let any fuel in that’s in the rail. Then try and crank. IF it’s leaking, I would think some of that raw fuel in the cylinders would sputter and try and start. If nothing, then injectors are holding tight. What do we think?

Found a cat on eBay selling a set of take off injectors for $75. Was gonna roll the dice…

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
FIXED. It was leaky freaking injectors. Tossed em in and it starts at any temp after any amount of driving. Freaking finally.

I did also replace the evap line and blew out the canister (unrelated) but will fill up the tank and see if THAT issue is fixed.

Back