Custom cooled seats?

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys picking up some leather seats and know my ass is gonna get hot and sweaty sittin in those, How could I setup a custom cooling rig? Wire up a switch to it and all. The seats don't have a cooling function, at least I don't think so. Any suggestions and ideas would be great

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
profile.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cooled seats don't work like heated seats. It's not just a pad you install and wire to a relay. Cooled seats actually blow cold air through the perforated leather.

So, no, you're not just going to make a custom setup.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Cooled seats don't work like heated seats. It's not just a pad you install and wire to a relay. Cooled seats actually blow cold air through the perforated leather.

So, no, you're not just going to make a custom setup.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Cool air blowing directly on my sweaty ass? One can only dream LOL

They make you feel like you just peed you pants!!!:omfg:

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Think ill just grab a cup of ice from mcdonalds and dump it on the seat, then sit on it. Will that work? How do I keep the ice from melting? How do I adjust the coolness of the ice? Which ice cube should I add power to?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
By and install a roush gauge pod. Attach a piece of 2" dia hose to it and run down between your legs. Problem solved. LOL!

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
A lot more involved than probably worth while but damn is it nice in my F150, the mustang is actually the opposite the Roush RTC seats the center suede insert feels like heated seats

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I tries Recarro cloth seats and found they held in heat also. Tested them on a 4 hour drive before I closed the deal with a local guy who insisted I try them for a week or so before taking them. Sure glad I did with that regard. They got warm even with the A/C max turned on during a 4 hour drive. I was never so happy to be back in my stock leathers. Comfort otherwise was nice.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Do any 10-14 seats come with a cooling feature? If so could add power and ground to that feature and setup a custom switch? Maybe I should just fix my ac lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back