Cutting Procharger piping?? Just Me??

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
I have searched and searched to find if others were having to cut and weld on their Procharger piping. I have found a lot of bitching about it being a PITA but not anything about having to cut and weld it to make it fit. I am starting to think it's me and I'm just not trying hard enough......Can't be that. This pipe was in a bind and would not line up. So much so that it got into the blower belt and cut into the 3" x 2-1/2" rubber reducer. I can't leave it all bound up and hoping it don't rub another hole in the new reducer. I was just asking if others had similar issues.

Attachments

• 002 (4).JPG
    002 (4).JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 004 (5).JPG
    004 (5).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 002 (3).JPG
    002 (3).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 127

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
Do NOT cut tubing the rubber will blow off , it fits , take your time and it will fit .
start @ bottom on both sides and work up , loose fit everything then when happy
tighten your t bolts .
P.S. that right picture your metal tube is in the wrong position , looks
like in needs a 180* counter clockwise spin .

Last edited:

06redgt

forum member
Reaction score
Do NOT cut tubing , it fits , take your time and it will fit .
start @ bottom on both sides and work up , loose fit everything then when happy
tighten your t bolts .

This....

It can be a PITA but it all fits without cutting. I had a harder time getting the coolant hoses and P.S. reservoir to fit nice.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Among, what I believe are, many other design flaws to the Proleaker setups. You are not alone in your piping fitment issues. I have the stage 2 Proleaker kit and the piping isn't much better, however I don't have piping-to-belt rub. My belt rubs on the power steering line and A/C line(s). I was lined up to replace all the A/C lines that run in front of the motor with stainless braided, but life happened. The belt is still rubbing on the A/C line, but I have like 30 zip ties holding all the lines in place until I have the free time to solve Proleakers problems. I wonder if the Paxton guys have as many issues?

Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll wear out the edge of the blower belt before I wear through my A/C line. Either way wouldn't bother me.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
20160212_114303_zps7yfu0h9f.jpg~original
20160211_073120_zpsapznaq6w.jpg~original

20160211_073041_zpsedumplvb.jpg~original
20160212_114434_zpsg93ljuch.jpg~original

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
Among, what I believe are, many other design flaws to the Proleaker setups. You are not alone in your piping fitment issues. I have the stage 2 Proleaker kit and the piping isn't much better, however I don't have piping-to-belt rub. My belt rubs on the power steering line and A/C line(s). I was lined up to replace all the A/C lines that run in front of the motor with stainless braided, but life happened. The belt is still rubbing on the A/C line, but I have like 30 zip ties holding all the lines in place until I have the free time to solve Proleakers problems. I wonder if the Paxton guys have as many issues?

Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll wear out the edge of the blower belt before I wear through my A/C line. Either way wouldn't bother me.
it is a proleaker because you my friend used 30 zip ties .
why dont you buy a paxton and tell us how the install goes .
if you take your time cut a 1/2" off a radiator hose if needed , spit on your rubbers so they slid over your pipe and make it easy to spin , giggle ,
you know little things that i think are called taking pride in your work then it will work and fit without rubbing shit and NO zip ties will be used .
Yes they are tight but they do fit ,m i took mine apart 3 times b4 i got it all right
then it just fit fawking perfect .
i am trying to post picks but i suck at that but i am getting better . lol.

Last edited:

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
OK guys, I don't have the patience to keep messing with something that is flawed to this extent. I agree with you about the pic on the right the pipe needs to be turned 180 degrees but then the 90 on the bottom would be 180 degrees out. I have cut it and I will weld it back together. It will still have the beads on the end and look factory so the rubber fittings shouldn't blow off. I also have a Steeda radiator support coming that should give me just a little more room. The Procharger seems to be pointing up higher than the picture in the Procharger brochure. I tried to clock it down but it hits the valve cover. Now that I put the Ford Racing Intake on, my Seibon Carbon Fiber TS-Style heat extractor hood hits the intake. I guess the next thing I will need is a new hood.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
it is a proleaker because you my friend used 30 zip ties .
why dont you buy a paxton and tell us how the install goes .
if you take your time cut a 1/2" off a radiator hose if needed , spit on your rubbers so they slid over your pipe and make it easy to spin , giggle ,
you know little things that i think are called taking pride in your work then it will work and fit without rubbing shit and NO zip ties will be used .
Yes they are tight but they do fit ,m i took mine apart 3 times b4 i got it all right
then it just fit fawking perfect .
i am trying to post picks but i suck at that but i am getting better . lol.

Lol I dont have radiator hose problems, I have AC line problems. Only thing you can do is bend em or zip tie the shit out them to keep them off the belt. As far as my piping, its still shitty but its not getting owned like the OP's. It's a proleaker because it spews ATI's lousy proprietary expensive oil from the seals, which is quite common for the SC's.

Last, I have a stage 2 kit and you have an HO kit, so you enjoy your 3rd times a charm fawking fitment, I'll continue to bust ATI in the nads every chance I get, because that's just how I feel about em.:321:

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
OK boys, I got both pieces cut and welded back together. I got to get some paint on them and I will try them out this weekend and see where I'm at. Better - Worse? We will see.
The radiator support should be in and the nGauge should be in with the Lund Racing start-up tune in it, so..........I might be able to get it off life support and get it's heart started back ticking. I'll take some pictures and if I can figure out how to post a video, I'll try that too.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
OK Boys, I got the Steeda radiator support in this weekend and if you don't have one and you are bitching about not having room then it is the answer to the issue. I couldn't get over how much it opens up the area I needed for the procharger piping. The pipe was so loose that I had to zip tie it in a couple of spots to hold it in place. (The BMR may have given the same amount of room.) The modifications on the pipe where I welded it were perfect. OK......nothings perfect but DANG I am happy with it. Best 2 decisions for installing the pipe. I still say that they should have sent another elbow and coupler just like the Stage 2 kit has but it works.

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed the same kit on my 05 I had no problems with the pipes lining up as they should, don't get me wrong it's tight as f*** but it works, haven't had any issues yet. I'll definitely be getting the slim fan and steeda rad support before I bump the piping up to all 3"

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I just installed the same kit on my 05 I had no problems with the pipes lining up as they should, don't get me wrong it's tight as f*** but it works, haven't had any issues yet. I'll definitely be getting the slim fan and steeda rad support before I bump the piping up to all 3"

Before you consider switching to the slim fan, you should decide if you can stand hearing it over the sound of your engine/blower. All I hear is that damn slim fan. That thing is so obnoxiously loud. When I get back to working on my car again, I'll be modifying the GT500 fan I have to fit the stage 2 piping, and if you still need a slim fan at that time I'll gladly sell you mine. Otherwise, IMO, it's worth taking the time to cut and modify the stock or GT500 fan.

The other downside to the slim fan, (at least Procharger's slim fan) is when the heat is on, that fan has trouble keeping up. For the most part, in 105* desert heat with the A/C on stuck in traffic, it's working its ass off. When I was cruising back from Santa Barbara last year going up the hill from Victorville in 110* summer heat, A/C blasting, I noticed my temps start creeping. ECT got to around 208* before I shut down the A/C and the block was around 220* (I have 2 different temp readings, ECT and one on the side of the block). I had to regulate the A/C on and off to keep temps where I could tolerate them, the fan couldn't keep up otherwise. If you drive in less extreme conditions you'll likely never have an issue, but I'm just sharing my experience here.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I've run both the Stage I and Stage II kits over the past couple years and had both of them on and off several times without having to modify them. They are definitely a major PITA but did fit for me ultimately, even with the FRPP intake and FRPP Boss 302 Radiator. (I had to move the IC brackets to fit the radiator though) I do have the Steeda radiator support though, and I also do agree that slim fan is super loud!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back