D/R's + rain=Fail (Spun out)

Goose

2007 GT/CS
Reaction score
The rain down here these past few days has claimed a few mustangs already. Glad to see that your alright and there isn't much damage to the car.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I probably should knock on wood but I drive mine in the rain all the time with MT ET Street radials with no issues.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nitto 555R drag radils + rain FTW.

Better than street tires in my experience!

What he said!! My 555R EIIs stick better in the rain than my factory tires ever did.

Sorry about your car man. That does suck.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
well atleast it was just the bad moment, nothing bad happened to your car.

But If anyone is using Dr´s on rain, I wouldnt even do 35 mph just for safety, better be late than never !

and yeah my Nitto 555R are (or used to be lol) way better in rain than my previous street tire yokohama Advan sport.

Last edited:

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me in my 04 mustang except I was driving with dr's in the snow, yeah I was a bad ass. To bad my car could'nt keep up. :motorbike:

The car can be replaced but you cannot, glad to see your safe.

bluovalguy

The Fuzz
Reaction score
DR's in rain is just plain fucking stupid. Understand if your running it at the track, but really, how hard is it to change the tires at the track?

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad you're okay man! It does look like your car has four wheel drive though, but it's all good, mine is the same way!

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
29 replies and not a one asked what times it ran that prior weekend ? lmao ..... , Ahhhh everyone has driven back on DR's at one time or another if your race . I know I used to and it's a 2-2.5 hour drive one way to my tracks ....you just pulled the lucky ticket

Sinotis

forum member
Reaction score
Nitto 555R drag radils + rain FTW.

Better than street tires in my experience!

I have also always felt that my nitto DR performed better in the rain then any street tire I've tried. You can't always believe what you hear. People always told me its a no no but I now know those people never tried it. Nitto DR + rain= no problem. I don't know about other drag radials though.

03Glock

EX New Edge
Reaction score
29 replies and not a one asked what times it ran that prior weekend ? lmao ..... , Ahhhh everyone has driven back on DR's at one time or another if your race . I know I used to and it's a 2-2.5 hour drive one way to my tracks ....you just pulled the lucky ticket
Shitty times. 7.6 with a 1.9 60ft......

xtreme02gt

forum member
Reaction score
I see that you did manage to hit the only crap that was around tho..... It is funny how that happens..

I did the same thing in my 04 Lightning, but I totaled the truck... No more Dr's for me!

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Not compared to a street tire. Its a true streetable drag radial.
agreed. i drove in all kinds of weather in Virginia on Nittos...pouring rain, snow...never missed a beat on the Nittos...the Mickey Thompsons however...ive heard they dont mix too well with wet pavement.

03Glock

EX New Edge
Reaction score
I see that you did manage to hit the only crap that was around tho..... It is funny how that happens..

I did the same thing in my 04 Lightning, but I totaled the truck... No more Dr's for me!
Lol If I had not hit that I would have kept going and hit the wall.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
My friend wasted his truck on the way to the track with DR's on it. Tropical downpours happen all the time here. If I get DR's they will be put on and off at the track.

OP, sorry about your car...its painful to see it stuck like it is.....glad you didnt get hurt.

patrick

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
I was driving straight across the a bridge and the rear just kicked out and spin around fast like Godzilla kicked the rear end. I have felt hydro planing before but this was instant total loss of control.

if it was over a bridge, could have been a bit of ice on it, if it was cold outside. Bridges ice over easily.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back