Deal of the day for 05-14 owners

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
My god, I can't help but laugh at the "Don't buy this $10 part that either doesn't help or helps in a minimal way because it may cause more damage to another part of your car in an accident" argument.

If people want to spend their money on this part let them spend their money. In the end a day on course perfecting your driving skills is going to get your a better laptimes than half the suspension mods people bolt on anyway.

Lol, I agree its ridiculous.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
My god, I can't help but laugh at the "Don't buy this $10 part that either doesn't help or helps in a minimal way because it may cause more damage to another part of your car in an accident" argument.

Lol, I agree its ridiculous.
Just because you guys don't understand certain principles of structural engineering very well doesn't make them wrong.

I absolutely can agree that the chances of consequential damage are pretty small. But not zero.

So if you're going to buy parts such as this one, at least do so with your heads out of the sand and your eyes open.

Norm

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Just because you guys don't understand certain principles of structural engineering very well doesn't make them wrong.

I absolutely can agree that the chances of consequential damage are pretty small. But not zero.

So if you're going to buy parts such as this one, at least do so with your heads out of the sand and your eyes open.

Norm

I understand quite well, thank you very much.

Its more of a making a 7 page mountain out of a molehill so to speak.....but carry on, tell us how everyone is wrong for upgrading this part for another 7 pages.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score

Norm

I'm laughing at the fact that you've managed to waste time making 30 posts over such an unimaginably unlikely situation in which a $10 part that has little or no effect whatsoever may cause an additional $100 in damage in an accident that would cost thousands of dollars to repair anyway.

Also it's not typically wise to make assumptions as to the knowledge level of others on the internet without any facts or details backing up that assumption.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I'm laughing at the fact that you've managed to waste time making 30 posts over such an unimaginably unlikely situation in which a $10 part that has little or no effect whatsoever may cause an additional $100 in damage in an accident that would cost thousands of dollars to repair anyway.
At least you're now admitting that remote damage is possible. That's all I wanted to hear. I won't troll you over the $ amount or even how unlikely it might be.

Also it's not typically wise to make assumptions as to the knowledge level of others on the internet without any facts or details backing up that assumption.
The site only registered 15 posts in this thread from me before this one. Claiming that I had 30 . . . hmmmm . . .

There isn't any more tech to add and I'm not going to run my post count up with any more of this back and forth crap. Unsubscribing, though I'll probably peek in from time to time anyway.

Norm

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I would have loved this before today so i could have used it to hold my transmission up when engine was out of car

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Haha...lets wait for the expert analysis on this piece.
Improves handling (sure, if your car does not already have a lower tie bar)
limits g-loading, (improved handling implies g-loading that's increased, not limited)

Reduces A-Arm flex (does nothing of the sort)

Ideal for lowered cars (no more so than for unlowered cars, so what's the point here?)

It's getting harder and harder to not think of GMS as being the internet's J.C. Whitney/Warshawsky.

You asked . . .

Norm

Last edited:

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Here's how I see it: some suspension mods are like shaving your balls. Some people won't know you did. Some won't care if you did. If it makes you feel better though, go for it!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
At least you're now admitting that remote damage is possible. That's all I wanted to hear. I won't troll you over the $ amount or even how unlikely it might be.

Norm

Norm, the thing is, the oem flimsy PHB brace gets replaced anyway, when a White line watts link is installed. The Whiteline watts link comes with a 4130 chromolly steel brace, that gets installed in the same place that the oem PHB resided. I suspect that the other differential mounted watts links that are available do the same.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Norm, the thing is, the oem flimsy PHB brace gets replaced anyway, when a White line watts link is installed. The Whiteline watts link comes with a 4130 chromolly steel brace, that gets installed in the same place that the oem PHB resided. I suspect that the other differential mounted watts links that are available do the same. See post #112.

When I originally installed my BMR adjustable PHB (since the axle was sticking out the driver's side by 3/8"..after lowering the rear 1.25") I saw that BMR also made a mating PHB brace. Since I was ordering a ton of BMR parts anyway, I just added the brace to the list, since it could be included in the same shipping....and the brace cost very little at the time.

Here's what BMR sez about their boxed tubing PHB brace.

"A Panhard rod is a suspension link that both locates the lateral position of the rear axle housing and controls side-to-side movement. Factory Mustang Panhard rod supports are made from weak U-shaped stamped steel that allows excessive deflection under load. BMR Suspension’s PHR007 Panhard rod support brace is made from boxed tubing for extra strength. The PHR007 adds tons of strength for increased lateral loads seen during cornering situations and hard launches.

BMR Suspension designed the PHR007 to work well for street performance, drag race, and road race applications. The heavy-duty construction eliminates the deflection seen in stamped-steel Panhard rod supports. Other Panhard rod supports on the market will deflect under heavy loads. The heavy-duty construction of the PHR007 eliminates deflection, giving you much-improved, repeatable handling characteristics on the street, starting line, or in aggressive corners. This allows for fine-tuning and bind-free suspension articulation needed for superior handling. This is the perfect Panhard rod for the enthusiast that requires maximum performance from the suspension. When performance is a must, rely on BMR Suspension! "

It also has a slight bend in it to allow for better exhaust clearance. So is BMR full of BS.... (and ditto with white line) ?
Who knows, but at the time, I thought it prudent to err on the side of caution..and just add the BMR brace to the list.

2 years later, The BMR adj PHB + mating brace was removed.... and replaced with the Whiteline watts link ( and WL supplied brace).

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Shouldn't this be for 05-07 cars only. Don't all 08 and up have this brace installed from the factory. I know my s-son's 08 GT does and it looks almost just like that except it's colored the same a the other factory suspension parts.

Sent from iPhone

Nope. The Brace you are thinking of is the oem Ford brace that came on all 05-12 verts. It also became oem on 07-12 coupes after that. That brace..that ford called .."a lower control arm brace" actually just ties the rear of the oem K frame together. http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-lca-brace-0512.html
The oem ford brace uses 2 bolts at each end, with all 4 x bolts in the horizontal plane.

The brace that GMS is selling (also sold by both BMR) http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=138 and also Steeda ) steeda's version is called a ..'G-trac', actually does tie the A arms together. It resides in parallel, and just a few inches in front
of the ford.. "lower control arm brace". The GMS / BMR / Steeda A arm brace sits just aft of the oil pan plug.

And yes, the damned thing does work, only takes a few minutes to install. With both braces in there, everything is rock solid. The BMR version / steeda / GMS brace uses a single bolt on each end... with both bolts in the vertical plane. The BMR version has a slight bend in the DOM tubing. The steeda G-trac version is made from chromolly steel

Last edited:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Nope. The Brace you are thinking of is the oem Ford brace that came on all 05-12 verts. It also became oem on 07-12 coupes after that. That brace..that ford called .."a lower control arm brace" actually just ties the rear of the oem K frame together. http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-lca-brace-0512.html
The ford brace uses 2 bolts at each end, with all 4 x bolts in the horizontal plane.

The brace that GMS is selling ( also sold by both BMR) http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=138 and also Steeda ) steeda's version is called a ..'G-trac' actually does tie the A arms together. It resides in parallel, and just a few inches in front
of the ford.. "lower control arm brace". The GMS / BMR / Steeda A arm brace sits just aft of the oil pan plug.

And yes, the damned thing does work, only takes a few minutes to install. With both braces in there, everything is rock solid. The BMR version / steeda / GMS brace uses a single bolt on each end... with both bolts in the vertical plane. The BMR version has a slight bend in the DOM tubing. The steeda G-trac version is made from chromolly steel

Ah gotcha! Didn't realize there was 2 separate/different pieces.

Sent from iPhone

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Ah gotcha! Didn't realize there was 2 separate/different pieces.

Sent from iPhone

Yes, 2 x separate items. The oem ford brace, resides just aft of the firewall. The GMS / BMR / Steeda brace resides a few inches in front of the firewall.... ( but aft of the oem eng oil pan drain plug)

JimC

Reaction score
Shouldn't this be for 05-07 cars only. Don't all 08 and up have this brace installed from the factory. I know my s-son's 08 GT does and it looks almost just like that except it's colored the same a the other factory suspension parts.

Sent from iPhone

The oem ford brace uses 2 bolts at each end, with all 4 x bolts in the horizontal plane.

The brace that GMS is selling (also sold by both BMR) http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=138 and also Steeda ) steeda's version is called a ..'G-trac', actually does tie the A arms together. It resides in parallel, and just a few inches in front

Convertibles have had the A arm brace since 2006. Starting in 2012 I believe Ford added the shock tower bracing to convertibles too.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Convertibles have had the A arm brace since 2006. Starting in 2012 I believe Ford added the shock tower bracing to convertibles too.

All 2011+ stangs get the front STB, including V6. No rear STB's on the verts ( like the rear stb from steeda and others) The rear X brace that steeda sells (that fits behind the rear seats, doesn't require a rear seat delete) won't work on a vert, only a coupe.

At least on the coupe, no big deal to add additional bracing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back