Detailed my '12

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
Kind of a follow up thread to my previous one seeking advice: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83176

Had the last couple days off so I picked up some new detailing stuff and went to town. The paint was obviously already in pretty good condition, I just wanted to try and bring the metallic flake in the paint out better along with give it some better shine/protection. Very happy with how it turned out. Took about 14 hours between today and yesterday. Total process was wash, claybar with Mothers kit, wash, polish with Poorboys SSR1, 2 coats of Chemical Guys Black Light, let it cure overnight, then added Chemical Guys V7 and topped it off with Chemical Guys Lava wax. Windows were cleaned with Stoners then topped with the same sealants and waxes. Interior was done with Meguiars cleaner and then leather was conditioned with Lexol. Tailpipes got hit with some Never-Dull.
Also got the windors tinted last weekend.

IMG_0318 by riored4v, on Flickr

Taped up and ready to go. Like i was saying, really didn't look bad at all.

IMG_0319 by riored4v, on Flickr

Sonax wheel cleaner. Goes on a lemon-lime color...

IMG_0320 by riored4v, on Flickr

Then you get this as it cleans the wheels

IMG_0322 by riored4v, on Flickr

IMG_0323 by riored4v, on Flickr

Detailed and done

IMG_0325 by riored4v, on Flickr

Pictures dont do it justice at all. Really cloudy and overcast out so it just looks like a shiney grey. In the right light though, the metallic flake really pops now.

IMG_0326 by riored4v, on Flickr

IMG_0328 by riored4v, on Flickr

IMG_0327 by riored4v, on Flickr

IMG_0329 by riored4v, on Flickr

IMG_0330 by riored4v, on Flickr

IMG_0331 by riored4v, on Flickr

IMG_0332 by riored4v, on Flickr

Carpet floormat already got dirty. Really want to get rid of them for some all-weather mats

IMG_0333 by riored4v, on Flickr

IMG_0334 by riored4v, on Flickr

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Good combo of products....I have PB SSR 2.5 and 3, I use Menzerna SIP for the smaller stuff. Never used V07 either just yet. Sonax is definitely the best wheel cleaner I've ever used....only problem is that now I am only fully satisfied now when I take off each individual wheel and fully clean it.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Looks fantastic. It's really hard to capture the sheen on camera. Again, nice work!

SG with spoiler delete FTW!!!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Good combo of products....I have PB SSR 2.5 and 3, I use Menzerna SIP for the smaller stuff. Never used V07 either just yet. Sonax is definitely the best wheel cleaner I've ever used....only problem is that now I am only fully satisfied now when I take off each individual wheel and fully clean it.

seal the wheel with a wheel sealant, and you can get that same level of cleaniless with just soap and water for about 2-3 months :D

to the OP, terrific detail, CG Black Light/Lava/V07 is a hard combo to beat right now.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
OP - looks great! I love seeing a sharp wingless GT.
seal the wheel with a wheel sealant,
Which one? I used an Armor All spray POS from my local auto parts store and all that did was make my wheels look like ass. I actually had to clean this stuff off, it wiped out all the work I'd put into detailing the wheels.

My wheels are machined with black in the spokes, if it matters.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
OP - looks great! I love seeing a sharp wingless GT.

Which one? I used an Armor All spray POS from my local auto parts store and all that did was make my wheels look like ass. I actually had to clean this stuff off, it wiped out all the work I'd put into detailing the wheels.

My wheels are machined with black in the spokes, if it matters.

Rejex, CQuartz/AQuartz, Zoop.

Plenty of wheel specific sealants out there :D

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
Ive always just used my paint sealant for the wheels. Poorboys exp or chem guys jetseal. are those better?

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
Looks great! Did you do anything for the exterior trim around the bottom of the vehicle?

Naw, I didn't bother with that since it still had some detailer left on from the dealer (only 450 miles on the car). I do eventually plan on detailing it, just not sure what I'll use. Might just use rest of Back To Black.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
Naw, I didn't bother with that since it still had some detailer left on from the dealer (only 450 miles on the car). I do eventually plan on detailing it, just not sure what I'll use. Might just use rest of Back To Black.

i would just use aerospace protectant 303 and call it a day

AOnorato

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I would pick up Adam's SVRT, its water resistant and lasts WEEKS of daily driving for me, a nice factory sheen too

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back