Difficult buyers thread

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is so that sellers who have bad dealings with buyers can post about it. It's also to discourage bad buyer behavior in the same way that the bad sellers thread helps to provide resolution and discourages bad seller behavior.

An example would be the buyer who receives the item as advertised but wants some of the purchase price back after the fact. Another would be clearly defined verbal or written agreements that aren't fulfilled.

We have some great vendors on this forum and I think it's important that they have a place to report a bad deal or very difficult customers.

Stick to the facts. This isn't the place for name calling or bringing up anything besides a difficult deal. If it gets out of hand the thread will go away.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let's keep posts on the focus of the buyers. No ancellery comments.

fullmetal7777

forum member
Reaction score
BlackGT
Sold him some sketch sequentials, told him they were on my car when I bought it, worked perfectly, but had no idea where they came from and definitely weren't am brand, but were "technically" plug and play since you just plug wires together(which he agreed to). Get a pm a few days later that these weren't what he was "looking for". So I refuse the give a refund because I gave him a good price and said they were definitely were not am, I would of atleast asked for a picture if I knew I was buying something that wasn't a name brand. Apparently there a "fire hazard" but they were fine for over 5k miles in my car. So then I had to deal with PayPal dispute over something that I felt i wasn't in the wrong for. I eventually call them and had them tell me they sided with me. I'm sure he's a good buyer in general, but I didn't appreciate this, even if it was only over a $5 shipping charge I was facing lol right is right

Keep in mind I already returned these once because I admit that I didn't describe them properly the first time, so that was on me.

Sorry in advance if I say something wrong on this post

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
you say they were "plug and play" but you "plug" wires together? do you mean solder/crimp etc or they had actual plugs together.

If the first then that is not "plug and play"

ps i loved your cam install thread

fullmetal7777

forum member
Reaction score
you say they were "plug and play" but you "plug" wires together? do you mean solder/crimp etc or they had actual plugs together.

If the first then that is not "plug and play"

ps i loved your cam install thread

lol! Thanks bro. Yeah from reading my install thread, you should know I don't know much about cars, but it was plugging wires in so to me, that's "technically" plug and play. The buyer even agreed with me. There's wasnt any splicing/crimping needed. But I described all that, so there was still no misleading. And I would of gladly sent pictures, but they were never requested.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
...I think, as a buyer, if you buy enough items over time from this (or any other) forum, you will at some point have been a "difficult buyer", in a transaction or two. I have, and have dealt with some as well. I only become a 'difficult buyer' when I buy something that is not accurately described or am misled to its condition. If the seller is up front and honest about everything, then buying it is my own risk and that is acceptable and I have no reason to complain about anything. This goes back to both buyer and seller reputations of course.
[if this comment is not acceptable, then go ahead and delete it.]

fullmetal7777

forum member
Reaction score
...I think, as a buyer, if you buy enough items over time from this (or any other) forum, you will at some point have been a "difficult buyer", in a transaction or two. I have, and have dealt with some as well. I only become a 'difficult buyer' when I buy something that is not accurately described or am misled to its condition. If the seller is up front and honest about everything, then buying it is my own risk and that is acceptable and I have no reason to complain about anything. This goes back to both buyer and seller reputations of course.
[if this comment is not acceptable, then go ahead and delete it.]

Yeah I agree man. Which is why I was sure to say that I bet he's a pretty decent buyer overall. But hey, you gotta risk it to get the biscuit, but don't be mad when you get a flat biscuit lol

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
So what about a buyer that commits to a purchase, agreed upon price.
then doesn't pay. and when contacted like a week later ,claims something came up and now that you contact them they back out of the purchase?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So what about a buyer that commits to a purchase, agreed upon price.
then doesn't pay. and when contacted like a week later ,claims something came up and now that you contact them they back out of the purchase?

IMO, that's on you, if u don't get paid with a agreed upon time frame (48hours max IMO) then it's the next buyer in line.

Yea, it's a crap thing for him to do, but he didn't 'buy'

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
That's why I usually say first one to pay owns it. No dibs ect. First one to pay for an item for sale is the owner IMO. If I am negotiating a price with someone and someone else pays it belongs to the one who pays first. To many people say they want stuff they don't.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Internet pretty much has to be "money talks, bullshit walks".

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
IMO, that's on you, if u don't get paid with a agreed upon time frame (48hours max IMO) then it's the next buyer in line.

Yea, it's a crap thing for him to do, but he didn't 'buy'

Hmm So they are not a bad buyer Just a DICK

I agree plus shit happens and some time things come up that are more important to pay for other then your mustang expecially if you have a family.

I agree nothings ever set in stone,Shit comes up and Shit happens
But the BAD Buyer should have contacted me and explained the issue
Instead I had to initiate the conversation
So in my book that makes them a bad buyer.

Maybe I am way off base here I donno

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
why would you wait a week? 2 days is what most people go by. Besides, he isnt a buyer if he didnt buy. I think this thread is more for someone who buys something then just makes a paypal claim or something similar.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
why would you wait a week? 2 days is what most people go by. Besides, he isnt a buyer if he didnt buy. I think this thread is more for someone who buys something then just makes a paypal claim or something similar.

Cool Just wanted to find out the ground rules. Now I know

And yea I guess be a nice guy means finishing last.
I dont get too excited about shit anymore. So a week to me was not a big deal, but it did prompt me to make contact with the proposed buyer and see whats up.
Everyone has an opinion
I guess from now on Ill demand immediate payment. Like Jesse James (Pay up Sucker)

NO More Mister NICE GUY

Attachments

• payupsucker.jpg
    payupsucker.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
Funny thing,,,, this section was started because of me buying brand new 1000cc injectors and one being dead on arrival and refusing to pay for another that was sent out because I bought 8 new not used. Then remedy was to have it rebuilt and I was persistent in the fact to say HELL NO! I didn’t pay for refurbished shit and I’m not accepting refurbished shit. I had nutswingers pile on my back as they did with US1 ( Shannan Wheeler) before he started ripping people here off. Fast forward to the present, I just disassembled my engine and the rings never seated on the cylinder that dead injector was supposed to fire when I fired the motor for the 1st time. And instead of paying for that injector,,, I donated the 75 bucks to st Jude’s because it was suggested rather than paying the seller. That was money better spent

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Funny thing,,,, this section was started because of me buying brand new 1000cc injectors and one being dead on arrival and refusing to pay for another that was sent out because I bought 8 new not used. Then remedy was to have it rebuilt and I was persistent in the fact to say HELL NO! I didn’t pay for refurbished shit and I’m not accepting refurbished shit. I had nutswingers pile on my back as they did with US1 ( Shannan Wheeler) before he started ripping people here off. Fast forward to the present, I just disassembled my engine and the rings never seated on the cylinder that dead injector was supposed to fire when I fired the motor for the 1st time. And instead of paying for that injector,,, I donated the 75 bucks to st Jude’s because it was suggested rather than paying the seller. That was money better spent
Vindicated !

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back