Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
I was quoted $250 per panel, to do black suede, through the upholstrey shop we use at work.

Don't know if thats a good price for the suede but I'm pretty sure its lifetime warranty.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I need to do something quick. Getting worse every day and I'm getting sick of looking at it.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I used the 3M Headliner and Fabric Adhesive spray about 2 or 3 months ago on both doors and they are holding up fine through the Southeast Louisiana summer.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I'm getting these done for christmas lol.. I am tired of repairing them myself.. The passenger side looks like the material shrank.. My last repair, the material wouldn't reach the groove.. lol

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mines fell apart when I went to Vegas over the summer. Leather was on when I got there, car sat and baked in the heat, when I got back in... Both sides were sagging. Had some "the right stuff" silicone and I said to hell with it. Shit actually worked! And worked very well! Hasn't sagged or come apart anywhere... Lasted in the hot Cali days...

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the 2011 door panels fit in the 05-09? was thinking about finding some out of a salvage car.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the 2011 door panels fit in the 05-09? was thinking about finding some out of a salvage car.

I've heard they do EXCEPT you have that portion of the door near the lock going up on the newer panels because of the hump in the rear quarter panel.....so, I'd imagine you'd see some of the backside of the door panel.

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
I've heard they do EXCEPT you have that portion of the door near the lock going up on the newer panels because of the hump in the rear quarter panel.....so, I'd imagine you'd see some of the backside of the door panel.

Damn. I really like the leather insert on the newer panels.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be a lot and you might not notice it if your windows are tinted. For myself, I have the dove gray interior so probably wouldn't work. Black would be the best option. Too me though you'd have to do the back as well (and obviously we don't have the side window defrosters). Not sure how it matches up with the dash indentation though.

mmfp_0903_10_z+2010_mustang_convertible+interior_door_panels.jpg

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Actually now that I look at it, it wouldnt work. The panel would hit the dash before the door closed fully.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back