Black3vGT

Reaction score
D0S4myf.jpg

Only current pic I have atm.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What kind of wrap did you use on the center co soul and around the radio as well as the steering wheel? It looks great!

Black3vGT

Reaction score
Thanks, the steering wheel is actually a wood one by Nardi. The console and radio bezel are painted, the color matches the accents on the exterior.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Under $6 and works great!

I took off the panels and laid them flat on a table, spread a nice thin layer and used a plastic flat head to push in the edges. Then let them cure for 24 hours.
Worked great, no more sagging.

blacksunshine01

Reaction score
Well i just got done doing my inserts like the op did and i have to say i hope they hold. The contact cement is no joke with the fumes. I did mine in an open garage with the windows down and a fan going and it was still really bad. I defenately sugest using a mask ot just flat out in the drive and no garage. I will say if this fails i will be paying the money and have them done in ultra suede.

blacksunshine01

Reaction score
Pass side edge is starting to fall again already. That was my first side and the one that sees less action so im not too sure why its giving way. Guess ts time to start pricing some interior shops.

ShelbyThunder

Reaction score
My driver side was sagging when I bought the car in April of 2014. This year the top finally came off so I plan to repair it one weekend. Good write up.

Travis R

forum member
Reaction score
I just did this today. I've done other projects like this on other vehicles and none of the spray adhesives hold up to the heat. I've used 3M super 77, 3m Super 90, and Permatex Heavy Duty headliner/carpet. The 3m Super 90 lasted about a year, or roughly one Texas summer. The Permatex didn't even make it through the first summer.
So this time I went to an upholstery shop and asked them what would hold up to the heat. They said to use Dap Weldwood Contact Cement. That's what I used today. I'll report back here if/when it starts to come apart.

blacksunshine01

Reaction score
Dude thats what i used on mine and it lasted like a month here in sa. I forget who said it on here but i think there needs to be a intermeadiate material there in order to get everything to bond back together rock solid. Like a old t shirt cut to match the main part of the pannel. And btw put something down on the ground when you are scraping the old foam backer crap off. I had a bunch of little glue spots from it that i had to clean off of my garage floor and the fumes from the dap are crazy strong. Use in the driveway witl both doors open windows down and a face mask. That crap is no joke and it still didnt last!

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Under $6 and works great!

I took off the panels and laid them flat on a table, spread a nice thin layer and used a plastic flat head to push in the edges. Then let them cure for 24 hours.
Worked great, no more sagging.

I thought i updated this thread, but i guess not.

Dont use this stuff, it failed after about 6 months

Grover

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks ONF1R!

Contact Cement worked great! Didn't need to remove doors.

Hopefully will last a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back