Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
One of my repairs started sagging after trying a few different adhesives. Last time it started doing it I used black silicone. Yup, silicone. Smeared it on lightly, pressed it all in place, holding with a little pressure from objects/tape if need be and let it dry. It won't melt like glue. Didn't budge all summer.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I hate this whole issue with the door panels. I did the drivers side. The passenger side has started. It's like our own little version of the Chevy Headliner.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
My passenger side is "OK" at best at the moment. I repaired my driver side last year with rubber cement and it is failing again after this past summer's heat. I must not have gotten all of the foam leftovers off, although I scrubbed it pretty good.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I repaired the passenger side, the driver's side is about to let go, and now the passenger side is coming loose again around the edges!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs complete door panels in excellent condition let me know as I have d/p door panels off on 08 GT500!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let me know, you are local, have the speakers, window controllers, door handles, locks, etc...been inside stored.

tntacoma21

Reaction score
Well, I repaired my drivers side panel today. The car is an 09 and looks like this is the first time its been done. The passenger side is barely loose in the center. I used Loctite professional 300 series spray adhesive it feels like its really sticking well. It's a little damp today so I took a hairdryer to the panel after I tacked it all up. I'll post up how long the repair lasts, hopefully I can get a few years or at least a couple before I have to redo it or find an alternative.

uploadfromtaptalk1446831195703.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like you did a good job! Mine looked worse after I "fixed" it than it did before.

tntacoma21

Reaction score
Thanks, I used an toothbrush to get the old foam off, I masked off the door and sprayed 2 good coats of adhesive on per the directions on the can. I used a value card to help smooth the insert and tuck the edges in

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I'm torn on getting the inserts or ordering leather replacements from Redline Goods.

1779038_10153253632789149_908507252247071456_n.jpg

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
i did mine myself .
i went to a local fabric store/outlet found a nice brushed aluminum tone to match my dash .
took off old insert and traced the patern . it was not bad and was very inexpensive .
thing i paid 25.00 for 2 yardsand i got my glue from a local
headliner guy !

I'm torn on getting the inserts or ordering leather replacements from Redline Goods.

1779038_10153253632789149_908507252247071456_n.jpg

Last edited:

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
i did mine myself .
i went to a local fabric store/outlet found a nice brushed aluminum tone to match my dash .
took off old insert and traced the patern . it was not bad and was very inexpensive .
thing i paid 25.00 for 2 yardsand i got my glue from a local
headliner guy !

Pics??

I'm leaning towards the readline goods leather because I have their shift boot and want to get their emergency brake boot and steering wheel wrap as well, so this way everything would match. I like the idea of the insert but it doesn't match anything else in the car.

Last edited:

coreystang

forum member
Reaction score
yes as stated in above post also you can do a real light and easy sanding
if they are not smooth ass mama's ass you will see ever little bump .
What's the best way to get all the glue off if it is still sticky? I've done a few quick spray repairs to get it to stick. I'm starting over! There isn't any of the dry foam left. Just what the leather panels adhere to.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back