Door Panel Leather Sagging - **FIX**

63XL500

Reaction score
Think I'll try the Loctite spray on my 07 GT/CS. My wife is tired of the crumbs from the old foam stuff getting all over her arm when she is in the car. We still drive it more often than not though because of that nice little Roush blower :) I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
this is what i used.

20130310_072216_zps751cc7f2.jpg

05RedDevil

forum member
Reaction score
Perfect. M passenger side fell down and my driver side is bubbling. Looks like I have a nice little project this week.
I tried a spray adhesive but it didn't work at all
Thanks

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
what kind of adhesive did you use? i must have gotten lucky or maybe enough time hasnt passed but mine is still holding tight with no signs of bubbling.

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
the contact cement does work guys. you just have to use alot. I followed the OP's directions and it worked it just needs alot of the cement. This is also in Texas heat.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
the contact cement does work guys. you just have to use alot. I followed the OP's directions and it worked it just needs alot of the cement. This is also in Texas heat.

A LOT. I finally got mine done and while they're not perfect it's better than having them flapping in the breeze :lol:

07ponyJL

forum member
Reaction score
The panels in my car werent sagging at all until I read this DIY Post. Great, Now my questions i, Can i Spray these a different color since I will have them off anyways or should I just fix them? I dont want to buy another set.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
so my passenger side just fell this past friday, of course when i was out of town and now i am at work, so tomorrow i will attempt it.

my question is though, on the edges what did you guys do? do you just shove it in the seem between where the leather and the plastic of the door meets and it stays on its own? just curious as i want it to be like it was from the factory.

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
so my passenger side just fell this past friday, of course when i was out of town and now i am at work, so tomorrow i will attempt it.

my question is though, on the edges what did you guys do? do you just shove it in the seem between where the leather and the plastic of the door meets and it stays on its own? just curious as i want it to be like it was from the factory.

i put the glue(whatever adhesive you use) on it and then used a decal squeedge(?spelling) and shoved it in. You could use a plastic drywall putty knife.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Vince I have a bottle of that loctite adhesive and a 3 pack of putty applicators...I'm waiting on the day where mine falls and it's looking like the passenger side will go any month now

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like mine has fully reached the point of needing to be done. The inner portions were already loose. Finally coming off at the edges.

003-vi.jpg

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like mine has fully reached the point of needing to be done. The inner portions were already loose. Finally coming off at the edges.

003-vi.jpg

lol i would punch whoever decided to use these panels right in the stomach. I seem to always have a issue with them.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
lol i would punch whoever decided to use these panels right in the stomach. I seem to always have a issue with them.

I agree. Ranks right up there with GM headliner material. Who the hell thought this foam backing was going to last forever?????

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
im so god fucking damn mad at this fucking shit right now. i used 3m "auto advanced yellow super trim adhesive" and it didnt work for fucking shit and the door has bubbles galore..... ready just to torch this car so fuckin sick of this god damn shit. honestly fuck ford. i ended up just putting superglue around the edges of it to hold it up til i get back mid this month and can get some sort of aftermarket permanent fix.

fuck this god damn shit, paid 20$ for this fucking can and it didnt do jack fucking shit.

08090.jpg

Last edited:

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
im so god fucking damn mad at this fucking shit right now. i used 3m "auto advanced yellow super trim adhesive" and it didnt work for fucking shit and the door has bubbles galore..... ready just to torch this car so fuckin sick of this god damn shit. honestly fuck ford. i ended up just putting superglue around the edges of it to hold it up til i get back mid this month and can get some sort of aftermarket permanent fix.

fuck this god damn shit, paid 20$ for this fucking can and it didnt do jack fucking shit.

08090.jpg

Did you scrape off all the leftover shit before spraying that stuff on there? How many costs did you do?

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Did you scrape off all the leftover shit before spraying that stuff on there? How many costs did you do?

yeah i brushed the yellow foam shit off, and applied a generous amount of adhesive to the point it was soaked with adhesive. didnt do dick. a couple lines of superglued and it held it in place perfectly.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
yeah i brushed the yellow foam shit off, and applied a generous amount of adhesive to the point it was soaked with adhesive. didnt do dick. a couple lines of superglued and it held it in place perfectly.

Did you let the first coat get tacky before applying the next one?

Also, I had the very top line of mine coming out of the groove and ran a line of the new Loctite gel glue along it and it's help perfectly since then. A+ on the glue, Loctite.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
im just gonna pay someone to fix it. im tryin to sell it bow anyways thia was the straw that broke the camels back. looking at buying a brand new 2014

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
I had a local upholstery shop do it. I had a quote from one place for $150 a side using cheap black vinyl. Before I committed to that I found another shop who said they would do the same black vinyl for $125 total. I asked them to use the originals if they could make it work, so I ended up getting out for $100 total out the door. A few places where I damaged the original are slightly visible, but overall they did an EXCELLENT job and it was well worth the $100 to not have to mess with it. Very bottom edge is where I messed up the original with acetone and what not...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back